Whats more accurate? Digital or normal scales?

Options

Replies

• summercake
    summercake Posts: 19
    Options
    Normal scales with the dial
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter. You aren't required to wear your weight on a T-shirt so if you're off by a 1/10th of a pound no one will know. As long as the scale is going down on a weekly or monthly basis it really doesn't matter about the absolute accuracy.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Do you mean scales for you or scales for your food? I find the kitchen digital scales are much more accurate. By that logic, the ones to weigh yourself on are probably more accurate if they are digital too! Either way, consistency is key here. I was weighed 3 times recently; on my scales at home, at the doctor and at the hospital and they all gave a different weight!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    For body weight I prefer the analog scales but I dont weigh must these days, I take photos and measurements.
  • staceytrlbrell
    Options
    Ok thank you! i meant scales to weigh myself on! i weigh myself from time to time at the gym on the normal dial scales but it never seems to shift! i started at 65 and everytime i jump on im still 65! yet at home i have digital scales and have gone down to 62kg! so i get real confused lol needless to say i like my scales better haha!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My digital scales are very accurate. To test them, I weighed my 2 - 30 lb dumb bells and got exactly 60 lbs. Then I weighed myself and then I weighed myself holding the dumb bells. It registered exactly 60 lbs higher. So that means it likely was on track through the entire range, since it was getting the 60 lb intervals right from 0 and from over 200 (at the time I tested).

It is possible that you will find some analog scales that are as accurate.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you! i meant scales to weigh myself on! i weigh myself from time to time at the gym on the normal dial scales but it never seems to shift! i started at 65 and everytime i jump on im still 65! yet at home i have digital scales and have gone down to 62kg! so i get real confused lol needless to say i like my scales better haha!

They are just weighing you differently. Just pick the ones you are going to use and stick with them for a proper reading of whether your weight is changing. I preferred mine to all the others because they weigh me accurately (I tested mine too, like the above poster). They also weigh me less, which is fabulous! :laugh: