looking for a diet - NOTHING HARDCORE !

Options
Hi guys.

I'm currently looking for some diet to accompany my running. Just getting started with c25k app. Not really an active person, but trying to do something with my life. Currently weigh 110kg with being 174cm is not to great (I'm 29). Sitting job doesn't help either...

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Replies

• mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like the one in Good Housekeeping February 2013. 300 Calories Breakfast, 400 Calories Lunch, 500 Calories Dinner, Two 150 Calorie Snacks (three if you are not trying to loose weight). See WOMENSDAY.COM
  • tgorajski
    tgorajski Posts: 7
    Options
    that link doesnt work.

1200 calories won't be enough if I want to keep doing running.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know some people feel the need for set guidelines and rules for weight loss, ie a strict "diet" such as Dukan or something stupid like that, but I've never understood it or been able to follow one. Strictly speaking, it's not necessary. If you eat within your calorie goal, you will lose weight (IIFYM).

My advice - eat your normal diet (the one that got you overweight) for a week, record absolutely EVERYTHING you eat on MFP. At the end of the week, have a look at your macronutrients and calories - it should be self evident where you go wrong. Adjust accordingly. You may want to eat a preponderance of carbohydrates and protein to fuel your running, say 40/30/30 (carbs, protein and fat respectively). At your age and weight you should be able to eat at least 2000 calories and still lose weight, you lucky thing!

Good luck and happy running :flowerforyou:

• tgorajski
    tgorajski Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks for that.

I don't really need a strict diet, just a proper guidelines. Never really looked at what I was eating, hence the current weight.

I've tried Dukan before though - couldn't do it. It was terrible.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Best I can offer is eat less than you burn.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most informative posts, very popular here, many have had success with it.
    You just use the information to set your daily calorie goal, and macros(protein, fat, carbs), and basically eat what you wish (though obviously, best to keep to an 80% healthy, 20% less than healthy balance)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet