How to measure spaghetti?

Options
So, I was wondering, the serving size of spaghetti is 2oz but what would that happen to be in a dry measuring cup? I was wondering because I don't really know what 2oz of spaghetti looks like and having it in cups would help me understand about how many oz I had.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm usually cooking for my family of six, so I had to figure out how to measure it once it was cooked.

This is how I had to figure it out for each type of pasta used:

1. Weight it as 2oz dry on a scale.
    2. Cook it until it was done how I like it.
    3. Then "wet measure" in a measuring cup.

Most of the types of pasta I cook for the family turned out to be roughly a cup, but that may vary with pasta shapes. I have my pasta with more veggie mixed in than I give the kids.
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I typically use the nickle method. Put the noodles in the circle between your index finger and thumb and a serving size is about the size of a nickle.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    So, I was wondering, the serving size of spaghetti is 2oz but what would that happen to be in a dry measuring cup? I was wondering because I don't really know what 2oz of spaghetti looks like and having it in cups would help me understand about how many oz I had.
    Thanks in advance!
    2 oz= 1/2 cup dry weight:wink:
  • cagirl
    cagirl Posts: 23
    Options
    The 2 oz are usually measured dry. So I measure 2 oz and then cook it and have that.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I use my food scale and weigh it, but it does come to 1 cup cooked (like everyone else says).
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    It's greatly appreciated :D