P90X???

Options
Ok, must be some type of workout video???? Somebody please fill me in!

Replies

• kmulhollen
    Options
    Hi!

Lots of people use the P90X workout system on here. Basically it is VERY intense 90-day workout plan for getting in shape and losing weight - it has DVDs for the workouts and a nutrition plan plus optional supplements.

Click on Search and type it in and you'll see many entries for it on this site.

Also, check out this web site for lots of info:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do?tnt=P90X_SHAKE_A2

Good luck!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I recommend this program!!!!!! Or if you want something slightly less intense you can try Chalean Extreme, same kind program, 90 days. I did it and had great results!!
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    p90x is indeed an intense workout program. But if you are thinking about buying let me just tell you my experience with it. I really enjoyed it, but didn't go through with the whole 90 days because i have a background in gymnastics, so i tend to get bulky. That's what was happening with me. Now I'm not saying that p90x just makes you bulky because it doesn't make everyone bulky (just look at the infomercials, those women aren't bulky), but there is a lot of lifting involved, so if you have a muscular body type like me, this is likely to happen. Secondly, I am a runner and i love cardio. p90x does have cardio in it but not as much as i would have liked, so i switched to insanity, which is another program that is basically all cardio and probably twice as intense as p90x. Still, if you aren't a workout fanatic like me, p90x will probably be plenty intense--it's all about how intense YOU are.

Finally, the diet plan is not made to make you lose weight. This is mentioned many times in the nutrition guide and by tony horton (the host, if you will) himself if you watch interviews. So while you should follow the phases (1, 2, and 3) when it comes to portions and things, make sure you adjust the calories to fit your requirements, because you may not need as many as the guide tells you or you may need more.

All in all, I would recommend it for someone who wants something intense, likes to change their routine often (this program is GREAT for variety), and needs to build some muscle. It's also great, because if you are looking for something a little less intense and more cardio based, they include a lean program, which mostly just uses the cardio dvds.
  • freenow
    freenow Posts: 7
    Options
    I suggest that if you are just beginning a work out program that you start off slowly...as to not feel defeated or incapable. P90X is very intense, however if you are up for the challenge go for it! You will see great results. I haven't tried P90X myself, but my goal is to eventually try their 90 day program. Best of luck:)
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Would love to try the Chalean program. Does it have less of a time commitment?

Oh and btw, I know someone who did the less intense P90 and loved it but I don't know anything about it.
  • skydiveskier
    Options
    No matter which program you choose, be it ChaLEAN Extreme, Turbo Fire, P90X...whatever. Make sure you are logging your workouts in WOWY!

What's WOWY?

Work Out With You - It's the central forum where members of the Team Beachbody network go to keep track of their workouts. Why do you want to go there? Did I mention that there is a daily giveaway of $1,000 daily? Plus there are other awesome prizes like Canon cameras given away on a daily basis. The basic membership is FREE!

https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free/44212

Hit the link above, take 3 minutes to get dialed in, and start logging your workouts for your chance to win. Other than being able to log your workouts, this membership offers access to some of the functions they offer. Sign up and check it out!

-Jake
  • skydiveskier
    Options

Oh and btw, I know someone who did the less intense P90 and loved it but I don't know anything about it.

The original 'P90' is called Power 90.

Check it out.

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/Power90?referringRepId=44212
  • bluehorsesjp
    Options

Yes the Chalene extreme program while it is still a 90 day program has shorter workouts. The first phase, called the Burn phase has circuits that range from 35-45 minutes. They get longer in the final month or Lean phase, but by then you are into working out and don't mind a 50 minute workout. It worked well into my lifestyle and the time I have to work out.

I really loved this program and have one more Lean workout to go. I got great results, did not bulk up. Lost 2" off my waist. I am going to do a second round starting next week.
  • starstealing
    Options
    love me some p90x. :) i'm considering starting my second round next week!