Tattoos

Options

Replies

• jillianlamb
    jillianlamb Posts: 29
    Options
    All the tattoos. I want them all.

But really, I have a folder in my computer of ones I've saved and ones I've created that I'll be getting. They're just so addicting!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of Disney and in particular, Tinkerbell, and there's this picture I've come across where she's got her arms crossed and is pouting and that's just so me, so I want to get that near my shoulder blade. But I definitely need to find an artist comfortable with doing people and faces so she actually looks like Tinkerbell and not her cousin who was hit by a shovel in the face.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't have one like this:

funniest_crazy_cool_pictures_of_the_25_funniest_misspelled_tattoos_19_20090811_1827775248.jpg
  • jillianlamb
    jillianlamb Posts: 29
    Options
    As long as you don't have one like this:

funniest_crazy_cool_pictures_of_the_25_funniest_misspelled_tattoos_19_20090811_1827775248.jpg

Uh, seconded.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    getting sanskrit in henna red on or under my wrist...or near the base of my palm. it's a nonsense phrase that i use to memorialize my family. :) at least i KNOW what it says...

idk if i want to stylize it or not, but that's the general idea.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you're going to get a tattoo, shop around. Make sure you go through the artist's portfolio and find one that matches the style you like. If you want a portrait, make sure to get a portrait artist; if you want an american trad piece, get someone who specializes in that style. Make sure you get a good artist, particularly if it is a detailed or complicated piece. The really good artists are more expensive, but they're worth it. Lastly, be willing to turn down a sketch if you don't like it. I've known people who got bad tattoos because they thought it was rude to tell the artist that they didn't like the sketch. At the end of the day, it's on you (literally). Be nice, but be honest.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    mine is the one in my profile :D it was an almost there/significant birthday treat

5 kg to go and then i get my cover up one
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i got my wrists done after losing 77lbs.. i reached 250lbs.. i started at 327lbs. i never thought i would get that far and i wanted to mark my journey because i felt like i finally found myself. && i figured a reminder to love myself and keep believing might help motivate me to further my journey. =)

kynw0.jpg

my apologies that its not the best picture.. this was just like a few hours after it was done =)

That's awesome, congrats on the huge loss!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    my advise make sure your going to love it for life not the moment. i love and hate my tattoos but thats what i get from going to an old biker dude home studio
  • Nuthouse86
    Nuthouse86 Posts: 4
    Options
    My first tattoo was a portrait of my first dog. I thought for a very long time to find a tattoo that I would never regret and I chose him. My next tattoo will be some sort of phoenix stylized in fire to represent being reborn from the fire. You should also think really hard about WHERE you want your tattoo for your first. Some places on the body are extremely painful. My first was on the back of my leg, lots of muscle but not a lot of nerves.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've got a rose on my right hip. It's my first and only (so far) tattoo. When I was thinking of getting one, I actually went to a few shops with a good friend to check out the books and the artist :) In the end it came down to either a place with good reviews and a rather friendly artist or a place with hardly any reviews but an artist who really made me feel at ease with the whole process. I went with the latter, because he explained the whole process with me, and let me know what I should be looking out for in an artist :D
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these great ideas!

I would want my tattoo somewhere a bit hidden, like the inside of my wrist, but maybe thatd be painful..
  • kerricam45
    kerricam45 Posts: 2
    Options
    Agreed, I have 6 and am always thinking of different designs and lines of poetry/books I love to add.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a lower back tattoo I'd like to get when I meet my goal weight :)

ba9fdce9-8563-4ad8-9cee-b5d5cf36b1ef_zps4a629ba0.jpg
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have five and they're all in places that are easily hidden and that I didn't mind showing off before. In the next couple of months, as soon as I can afford it anyway, I'm getting one on my ribcage. Since I've finally lost enough weight to feel ok with other people seeing that area (so close to my belly lol). I'm getting an F. Scott Fitzgerald quote - "I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self-respect, and it is these things that I would believe in, even if the whole world indulged in the wild idea that she wasn't all she should be." As a 30 year-old divorced single mom who uprooted her life, moved to rural Illinois and works at wal-mart, I like the reminder that I am not my situation.

As for what to look for in an artist. I find it's best to find someone who has a tattoo that you like (you can tell good work) and find out where they went. Also, drink orange juice before you go. It helps to keep from blacking out as your body releases adrenaline. I found this out the hard way 2 and a half hours into a back piece session. :/
  • LisaMarie8713
    LisaMarie8713 Posts: 310
    Options
    Left side was before... I was 19 and did it on a whim... Last year at 32, I finally got it covered, and it's gorgeous. Research your artist, look at their natural artwork, the style they create. Most of them have facebook pages that you can see their work on. Have a meeting or two before hand to approve the design well in advance.

tatpicremake_zps3c4ffe3c.jpg
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these great ideas!

I would want my tattoo somewhere a bit hidden, like the inside of my wrist, but maybe thatd be painful..

i didnt even feel the one on the inside of my wrist :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    if i get one it'd be a frog, or a barcode with my birthday or name. where? that's the problem, i cannot decide. means i dont want it badly enough :-p
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    As y final reward ( possibly) I have been thinking of getting a set of rat paw prints somewhere on me ( possibly my shoulder as if there is a little rattie spirit sitting on my shoulder. I would use one footprint from each of my rats. Or a drawing /portrait of my first 2 rats, one of which has passed on and the other who is nearing the end of her journey. That would probably go on my thigh or arm : ) I would post the drawing I am thinking of but I don't have a watermarked version handy.

in the future I also want a wolf of some sort , a crow and the constellations Orion and Cassiopeia
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo when I lose a 100 lbs but I'm not sure what I want to get yet since it'll be my first. But I have plenty of time to figure it out since I'm only 25 lbs down, lol.