Does Anyone Know a Good Almond Butter Recipe?

mikioi
mikioi Posts: 86 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I bought a vita-mix a couple of years back and I wanted to try and make homemade almond butter to go with my ezekiel bread in the morning! Does Anyone know of any good recipes to use with my vitamix? Thanks!

Replies

• What I have used before is: I got this from All recipes.com so I gave them credit at the botttom.

1 cup toasted almonds
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    Directions
    1.Place the almonds in a food processor. Process on high until ground almonds begin to form a ball. Drizzle olive oil over almonds and continue to process, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Store in an airtight container.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Almond-Butter/Detail.aspx
  • I would just throw the raw almonds into the vitamix and if you think they need oil add Nutiva Coconut oil. It is healthy and unsaturated. Use raw almonds. They are full of nutrients that the roasting takes out of them. Good luck!
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Robyns got it...your vitamix should be able to turn the raw almonds right into paste/butter. Raw almonds will be delicious all on their own!!
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    yum! thanks so much... thats what i was thinking. I absolutely love love love coconut oil so I will try that! thanks for the tip and I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow morning. :)
This discussion has been closed.