How should I calculate this??

Options
I am leaving for Vegas for 5 days..we will be walking alot..that will be my only form of exercise while I am there. I have access to the fitness club but something tells me I won't be using it.

I sure don't walk all day when I am home..so I feel like I will at least be doing something to counteract the calories while I am there..but I am not sure how to track it or enter it on my exercise page.

Maybe I should just relax about it and not worry about tracking it for those days?
Do you log something like this when you are on vacation?

Replies

• Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just joined, so I haven't been on vacation yet while tracking...but I definitely will. I figure it will help keep me "honest" :) As for your trip to Vegas, I think it would be fair and accurate to enter your time as "walking, slow pace". If I were you, I'd wear a watch that has a chrono on it. Hit start when you start walking and stop and then re-start every time you stop to browse or enjoy a beverage. But that's just me. Just thought I'd make a suggestion. I hope it helps.

ENJOY VEGAS!!!

Rocki
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You could keep track of the amount of time you walked over the course of your day and log it as walking at slow pace. You could also buy a bodybug (or something of that sort) and it will calculate how much calories you burn for you. I dont have one but a friend of mine told me that it is great. I also heard that there are apps on cell phones that act like pedometers that help you keep track of your steps and distance as well!! Have fun on your vacation! Happy Travels!
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    when you go to calculate calories burned there's an option for "walking-leisurely pace" PLUS it will be hot as hell in Vegas lol so you'll def. be burning calories
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I dont know, I think I am one of the odd ones here that thinks it doesnt count for exercise that you track and consume those calories. To me, extra calories that you can " eat back" are when you are working your butt off, sweating and raising your heart rate, not shopping. that doesnt get your heart rate up ( unless your at a Coach Store) lol.
    I also do not think " cleaning, or doing laundry" should count towards extra calories.... but that is just my thoughts...

Enjoy Vegas, its a BLAST!

Tami :flowerforyou:
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    One day I logged "cleaning house" just to see how many calories would be allowed. I had mopped, vaccumed, and done some moderate house cleaning. That equaled over 800 calories. I sure didn't think I had 800 exercise calories "to eat". I too don't consider house work, shopping, cooking, etc. and my normal daily activities as exercise. Just my opinion.

Enjoy your vacation!!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't log house work and things that you normally do. But she is talking about added walking that she wouldn't normally do, so it should definitely be counted. I'd get a pedometer and use it to log walking. I have one that actually counts steps and logs the time spent walking and an estimate of calories burned. Makes it easy for tracking that way.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips & thoughts on how to calculate this.
    I do have a pedometer. And I will be walking hours more than I do on a regular day!