Vacation...

Options
So for my vacation this year, I've decided to lower my weight loss goal to .5lbs per week so that I can enjoy more calories over vacation and still be able to have a smore or two around the campfire with family and friends. My meals are still healthy, no worries:) I normally have my calorie goal set to 2lbs per week, and at .5 I have nearly 1000 more calories a week (1470 vs 2400). I am definitely going back to 2lbs per week as soon as the vacation is over though. I was wondering... would you think changing my goal to .5lbs a week will have a negative effect on my overall diet, or possibly slow down my weight loss for the following week? I know I wont gain any weight as I am still below the amount of calories required to maintain my weight, and I have a very active vacation filled with swimming and such... But will this mess with my metabolism or anything?

Replies

• thisischristine
    thisischristine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem. My understanding is that it can help to speed up your metabolism to raise your calories now and then. Have a great vacation!
  • Kappa124
    Kappa124 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks!!