Is anyone else vegan?

Options
Hi, I'm new to the site and i'm curious if anyone else is vegan? I would like to know what you are eating and maybe we could trade recipes? I love learning new (healthy) recipes and also....what sort of sweets do you treat yourself with? Also, feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am not vegan or even 100% vegetarian, but a good friend of mine is 120% vegan so I am sending you a facebook link to her vegan page. It has crazy amounts of amazing recipies.

Go to "photos" and then click on the photos you think look good and they have recipies attached. they are so good. I just made one of her dips out of cashews, garlic, olive oil, and spices and it was the best dip i've ever had!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/VeganFoodgasms?fref=ts

If it doesnt work, try copying and pasting it in!!! I hope you like it!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian (lacto-ovo). I eat too much pasta because I love it, :laugh: but I make sure to get my protein (usually beans or tofu) and keep under my calorie goal.

There's a group on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores

If you want to look at my recipes, I have a bunch on my pinterest board: pinterest.com/crista_b/living-the-veg-life/
  • fitnessbearness
    fitnessbearness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • Wakefromsleep
    Options
    I have just started to change into the vegan/raw food lifestyle. I have been on juice and fresh fruits and veggies. I have found several books that help, but the best resource I found for recipes and motivation is from Dan the Life Regenerator on YouTube. I have definitely been experiencing the benefits of a raw vegan lifestyle.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nope, no one else in the world is vegan. Ever. /end sarcasm
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian lol, there is a group called Team Vegan

Here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/63-team-vegan
  • fitnessbearness
    Options
    Thank you all for the links and stuff. I have been vegetarian all of my life and vegan for 9 years, but I eat very boring foods (typically by choice because i'm so damn picky) Its time for a change.
  • fitnessbearness
    Options
    I have just started to change into the vegan/raw food lifestyle. I have been on juice and fresh fruits and veggies. I have found several books that help, but the best resource I found for recipes and motivation is from Dan the Life Regenerator on YouTube. I have definitely been experiencing the benefits of a raw vegan lifestyle.

I wish I could go raw, the food prep is too much for me. I also seem to feel fuller with hot foods.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the links and stuff. I have been vegetarian all of my life and vegan for 9 years, but I eat very boring foods (typically by choice because i'm so damn picky) Its time for a change.
    I've only been vegetarian for 1 year, but I have the same problem. I tend to stick with things I like but because I'm picky, that's not a huge list. :ohwell:

On the Pinterest board I posted, I try to keep fairly "simple" recipes because I'm not the kind of person that's going to hunt forever for ingredients or spend all day making one meal.
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'M VEGAN! I eat mostly local, organic, and gluten-free too!

feel free to add me and check out my recipe blog at teenyteacakes.tumblr.com