I can't do this alone

Options
First let me say thank you for taking the time to read my post. Let me tell you a little bit about me

32 years old
not married but in a relationship with a wonderful guy for over 2 years
4 furry kids, no human ones, and 1 feathered one
Starting a new job on Tuesday
Younger brother in the military, stationed in Hawaii with my sis in law and 2 nieces
Dad and Grandpa passed away in the last couple of years

I have been tryin to do this on my own and it's not workin. I am gaining weight rather than losing it. I don't have a lot of friends and the ones I have don't understand what it is like. Most of my clother no longer fit me. I am sitting here ready for bed and I am so uncomfortable it almost hurts. I just ate way too much for dinner.

I am really trying to turn my life around. I want to be a better person in all ways. I want a more positive personality.I want to be better than I am.

Please I would love some friends who are in this for the long haul. If you can help me I will do whatever I can to help motivate you as well.

Thank you.

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I look forward to getting to know you and help you along. You can do this!
  • cindy5761
    cindy5761 Posts: 28
    Options
    You can add me.....For me I needed an eating plan for the day and I would figure it out a day ahead of time and stick to that. I also had a plan for if I felt the need to eat something (usually it was boredom and not being hungry) I would find myself in the kitchen looking in the cupboards and I would tell my self no and get a glass of water which usually helped. You can do this !! We are here to help!!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are not alone! This site is amazing.
  • Alexandraepe
    Alexandraepe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you! And id love to start with someone. I recently turned 30 and have suffered enough. I want to rock my 30s. So how shoulf we do this?
  • mittens817
    mittens817 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have tried this site a few times, but want to really stick with it this time. I feel similar to what you feel.
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    we have all been there, send a friend request I will be more than happy to help in anyway I can. fair warning I don't play games, I know what it takes to make the change, if you really want it you can, all you have to do is look at my pics, they speak for themselves. its a life style change, a gradual change. you have to be willing to put the work in and make changes to how you live but if you are willing to do it, it will be the best thing you will ever do for yourself
  • fatblaster2012
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. I can't believe how supportive everyone is. It's kinda makin me a bit weepy lol. I am ready to make a change!!
  • CouldBeTheLastChance
    CouldBeTheLastChance Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. We are all in this together. We all need support.
  • bluestonechic
    bluestonechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister.....been there too many times and want to get off the see-saw!! Would like to have person to support and knows when I need a good kick in the pants!! Feel free to add me.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log everyday and try my best to motivate my friends. You can do it!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request so please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you like. I am definitely in this for the long haul and this site is THE BEST PLACE to be for this journey!!! We are all on the same journey and all need support and motivation. You can do this!!!

Hugs!!!
    Bev

Anyone else that would like to check out my profile and add me please feel free to do that!!! I love to help others.
  • Reach4_Stars
    Options
    You are not alone. There are many in your corner. Including me. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am at a starting point of my new weight loss journey too. I need to lose 50 lbs. It is great to have good friends to rejoice with for our victories - for the day, for the week, month... on and on, to commiserate with when the going seems to have gotten rough for some reason. btw.. I have "furkids" too : ) They motivate and inspire me. I am in my 50's, my children and in their mid-20's and I have been married for 34 years this past March. I look forward to getting to know you and others on MFP! Lots of best wishes!!
  • melanieannbanks
    Options
    I sent you a request too. Feel free to add me. I have struggled with weight all my life. I was probably the only fat methamphetamine addict known to man. Lol. I have been clean 10years, had my 2nd child 4 years ago, and I quit smoking 3 years ago. I just can not seem to lose the weight!
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear you, it's hard trying to do something this important all by yourself. I've been doing this alone for a long time and my weight is going up and down. But now that it's going down, this site has a lot to do with that because of the support of online friends and blogs. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other. Good luck!