Third time's, ok 4th, a charm?

Options
This is my 4 th serious attempt at finally losing it...pounds that is! I've done weight watchers twice. I have been so close to my goal twice but something happens when I get so close and start getting comments from people saying " Oh, you lost so much weight" and " wow, you look good!" I get into the mindset that I look good now I can eat this or I can eat that and next thing you know I'm back to square one.... Am I alone here or has anyone had this happen..please tell me I'm not alone and how can I NOT let this happen again?? I am 4 weeks into MFP and have lost 16 lbs,!

Replies

• careyann19
    careyann19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you how many times this is for me, but youre truly an inspiration to me already for losing 16 pounds!
  • irishlass318
    irishlass318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome Dawn!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You're in "good company" as that's probably why the majority of people who lose weight later regain it. They think when they get near to or meet their goal they're "done". Actually it's really a continuation of better habits that they need to make a part of their daily life. I've done the lose/gain thing more times than I can count...and knew better. Always would promise it would be the last time, yet it wasn't. For some reason this time seems different as I've done it the smarter way. Healthier eating and moving more that I know has to be a part of my daily living. So the mindset is what makes the difference. The new way of living never ends if you want to keep it off.
  • irishlass318
    Options
    Exactly! This time using MFP seems so much easier ,I really hope this feeling stays and I can finally meet my goal!!
  • TigerLilly03
    TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow I thought I was the only one!! congrats on losing 16 pounds so far!!!! It sucks because I'm at square one and I have more to lose then the other times... I already lost 11.2 pounds but 2.8 since being on here... Its so hard because I have no support system where I live.. I'm told I can't do it and I will have lose skin and its like what the heck you know!!! you can add me if you want!!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I had to make an attempt to count how many I would have to say no less than 15 times? Seriously...sad. I always come back for more and, of course, each time is worse than last. Glutton for punishment. I stood in the three way mirror at Macy's this weekend thinking, why did you do this to yourself, yet again? I hate buying clothes at this size! 7 months to New Year...no time like now! You will look back at this and say, I am so glad I did it. Keep at it and don't give up. :)
  • irishlass318
    Options
    We can do this girls! Let this be the final time for all of us!! We did it before we can do it again!
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that the word 'diet' stems from a Greek word meaning 'way of life.' So I don't 'diet' anymore; I've changed my way of life to eat healthier and stay active. That way there is no 'getting close to goal and going back to old ways.' I've backslidden some but just get right back on track. Good luck to you; you can accomplish anything you set your mind to...
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Amen! Been there and done that so many times. I am finally doing better this time and not "dieting". I am maintaining an active lifestyle and eating healthier foods. I still have a few up and down moments but 90% of the time I am right on point and maintaining a healthier lifestyle! Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    nope. I'm in the same boat.
  • irishlass318
    Options
    So inspiring to see the positive posts!!
  • Journey2newwomen
    Journey2newwomen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same here except it's my 3rd attempt.:flowerforyou: Slow and steady..
  • Sweet_Love1987
    Options
    Nice work!! Way to push :) we all can help you stay on track ;)