College students wanting to stay motivated this summer!

Options
Hey y'all! I'm a college student and I was looking for some new friends to keep me motivated this summer! My boyfriend and I are going to be long distance while I'm at school taking classes and he's at home working so I want to shock him with a good body when he comes to visit!

Add me and I'll do my best to support you just as much as you support me! You can never have too many friends!

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a college student and will be for a year more before grad school. You can add me if you'd like; I was hoping to find more college aged people around as well
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I'm a college student taking classes during the summer but trying to lose weight too!! How do you stay focused on studies yet keep weight down??
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I'm in the same boat, i'm a college student taking classes this summer! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just graduated, lol :) but I'm also trying to stay motivated for the summer, amidst trying to find a place to live before I relocate for a job in about a month. For a diabetic, my dad keeps an awful lot of goddam carbs in his house. I really need to get back to using exercise as a stress-buster. Christmas really knocked me pretty far off-track, but I've been fighting hard to get back to where I was.

Just a heads-up for those of you nearing the end of your undergrad careers, your final semester will likely be littered with pitfalls. Last semester means lots of occasions to over-indulge; finish that huge assignment? Let's go out and celebrate! Last meeting of the year? Let's have a party! Local restaurant/bar has a senior special going on? Well, hell, we're leaving this town in a few weeks, let's go! Etc, etc.

ETA: Also, take full advantage of free/ultra-discounted access to the university gym while you have it. If you're planning to stay in the area after you graduate, ask about alumni access; some colleges let you do that.
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    College student wanting to lose weight. Add me if you want :)
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    College kid on break. :3
  • PhantomMidnight
    PhantomMidnight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    College student taking summer classes as well! Trying to stay healthy when it's really hard to find good healthy foods to eat! :3
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a college student taking classes this summer too. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • I go to community college, but why not, anyone add me if you'd like
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Add me!
  • olivias4
    olivias4 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey!
    I totally understand the motivation that comes from being in a long distance relationship, I'm in exactly the same boat. He's visiting soon, I hope to lose a total of about 15 pounds by that point. I graduate from high school with an AA this year, you can add me if you'd like!
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    Hey I'm an art student takign classes in july august add me if you like : ) I havent been logging food but i think I will start
  • slahtinen29
    Options
    I just finished my first year of college and I came home with the freshman 15 :( I am hoping to be able to lose that all and be in better shape by the time I go back to school in August. I have just joined a gym, but being that I was on sports team my whole life, it's tough for me to work out by myself. I have been having some problems with motivation, but I really want to be able to love my body again. If anyone out there would be able to show some support that would greatly help me! Feel free to add me and we can help motivate eachother!
  • Lulu1605
    Lulu1605 Posts: 7
    Options
    Same here. College classes, summer job, and I'm in need of motivation!
  • onafastcamel
    onafastcamel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Added you :) Where I'm from I am technically a University student, but same difference. We have our Winter break coming up and with less routine to keep me on track it'll be good to have other people going through the same thing. Feel free to add me guys :)
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a university student and got a busy summer ahead travelling around. I'll be tracking on and off when I get the opportunity and always looking for support!
  • PamShebamm
    PamShebamm Posts: 54
    Options
    I'll be a senior in college this fall. Working all summer. Anyone feel free to add. :]
  • sparrow0716
    sparrow0716 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm a college student as well (SENIOR HOLLAA!!!), taking 9 hours this summer and working my butt off. My girlfriend's kinda long distance; we see each other once a week or so, but I want to be my goal weight by my 21st in August!

Sidenote, anyone know any good light alcoholic drinks that go easy on the sugar/carbs?
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    I'm also a college student looking to lose weight and stay motivated throughout the summer. Anyone is more than welcome to add me :)