Women Question-- Hormone Imbalance and Weight or PCOS

Options
13»

Replies

• Jetta1492
    Jetta1492 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago. It is harder to lose the weight, it takes more time, but it is doable. I have lost 39 lbs in about 8 months by exercising (1 hour of group fitness classes 6 days a week) and also by consistently logging my food intake. I follow a 1300 cal/day diet. I have found that eating small frequent meals helps with the IR, as well as staying away from high carb, overly processed foods. Feel free to add me:)
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with PCOS after being tested for it three times since I was 12. I'm 35 now - took them alng time to finally figure it out! It's so great seeing this post. I have lost over 60 lbs since january 2012 (I have been overweight since childhood) but i am inspired by the low carb diet. The only problem for me is that I have a huge sweet tooth! Even when I log 1200 calls per day I'm usually over on sugar even if I'm under on carbs. Anyway, I thinking will have to cut bak on processed food and sugar a lot.

Thanks to everyone for all the info here.

Btw, cam you drink on low carb diet?

Please add me if you like.

Thanks!
  • bcanela
    Options
    I've been struggling with severe weight problems since I hit puberty. Metformin made me dizzy and faint due to lowering my blood sugar too much indicating that I am not insulin resistant. I was on the lowest dose possible. I'm active and eat 800-1200 calories a day but have tried vegan, GF, low carb and starvation diets with absolutely no success. On top of this I have IBS and a heart arrhythmia making eating and exercising painful. My metabolic panels come back normal along with all regular tests a dr would run on someone with weight problems. The only thing that has ever worked is being on phentermine for over 6 years taking one pill every three days. I do not overeat not do I eat bad foods. My doctors last recommendation was to remove my ovaries with a full hysterectomy at 30 yrs old. No one believes me when I say I've tried everything but getting under 165lbs is impossible for me. Anyone else had a similar situation, if so what did you do to get out of the rut??