Couch to 5k

Options
I recently got my first smartphone and I want to try out couch to 5k or Zombie Run. This is probably a stupid question but what are you supposed to do with the phone? I don't have pockets in my pants. Should I hold my phone, get a jacket with zipper pockets, or some kind of arm band holder?

Replies

• Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yes - any of the above

I have a small running belt which is flat and fits my smart phone, or more often than not i'm wearing my running jacket which has zipp pockets, I used to wear an arm band which held my phone, I've seen people with wrist pockets, a lot of running trousers have inside pouches to hold a device, but there are as many solutions as you could possibily need, find the one that you fancy and try it out.
  • berrymuffins89
    berrymuffins89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cycling shirts are another option - they have back pockets and are made from sweat wicking materials like running tops.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with my armband. You can usually pick one up for around $10 at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I've had mine for about a year and a half, don't know what I'd do without it. I have a small waist pack too, a Shadow Pak from Nathan's, but I like having the phone up on my arm where I can still easily access it for apps, music, whatever.
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm too tight to buy anything. I put my phone in a little snack bag and stuff it in my sports bra! It works!!
  • Luckybarc
    Luckybarc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I purchased an arm band love it!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm too tight to buy anything. I put my phone in a little snack bag and stuff it in my sports bra! It works!!

I don't even bother with the snack bag. I just layer a cheap sports bra from Walmart over my good sports bra and use that as a pocket. Phone, keys, ID. Makes my chest look weirdly lumpy, especially with the keys because they're so awkwardly shaped, but I'm not out to impress anybody so who cares.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ladies on the sports bra stuffing!
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I've ordered an armband, but until it shows up (Tuesday hopefully), I just stick it in my bra, screen out.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah I stick my keys and phone in my sports bra when I go jogging!
  • amanda1005
    amanda1005 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Glad to see Im not the only one with the lumpy sports bra!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I go the geek route and use a fanny pack-type pouch. I carry both my iPod Touch and phone because all my music is on the iPod, but it doesn't have GPS. I also bring along house keys and two bottles of water since I live in FL and need to stay hydrated since I usually stay out longer than the actual C25K session. It looks stupid but it gets the job done.
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My keys and my phone get stashed in my bra!