insanity-lack of energy

Options
im currently wrapping up my first week of the insanity workout ( did the one week prep video as well).. and also doing the diet.. and i have absolutely no energy. all i want to do is sleep all day. i am eating a TON of calories almost 3000 is what they suggest. and i am just totally drained. im assuming this is pretty typical of insanity?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is typical. My body is exhausted after, but I've never experienced what you are describing. I don't know of any workout that leaves someone with a feeling of just wanting to sleep all day. Are you sure they are related? No clue what your stats are, but the nutrition program only has me around 1860 calories for fat loss. What foods are filling those 3000 calories? Did you just start eating 3000 calories this week? I wouldn't say it's the workout, I'd be more interested in what food you're using as fuel.
  • kbrhelker23
    kbrhelker23 Posts: 62
    Options
    im eating basically the same stuff i have been, just more of it, chicken, fish, salads, veggies berries, whole grains eggs etc. i get a GOOD amount of sleep as well at night.. only started being tired when i started insanity, but maybe its just my body adjusting
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's week 1 of a very intense workout regimen. you're adjusting.
  • ccj14339
    ccj14339 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was exhausted the first week, too. Actually took naps... Which is very rare for me. It got better starting the second week.
  • kbrhelker23
    kbrhelker23 Posts: 62
    Options
    im feeling much better. u guys were right! thank u