new on birth control...more hunger?

Options
I need y'alls advice. I just got back on birth control(7 days ago) after almost 4 years and I feel like Im always graving food(especially sweets). Does anyone made this experience and is there something I can do about it? I did so good until I started birth control....:/

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me too when I started on BC. It took me a while to figure out where the hell my motivation to eat well had gone. Then I put two and two together. It took a little while but you just need to be aware what is happening and the practise self-control. Don't let the BC become an excuse. Fit in little bits of what you are craving around large nutrient rich meals.
  • onafastcamel
    onafastcamel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found the same kind of thing, but you just have to be hard on yourself for a while and it starts to get easier :) The doctor said to me before I went on it that birth control does not make one gain weight, just tends to increase hunger. So as long as I made extra sure not to give in to cravings all the time, or just satisfied the hunger by eating good foods, not things like McDonalds, all should be well. Just a bit of hard work getting used to it and overcoming it.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I gained from birth control when I was younger because I gave in to ridiculous cravings. Sure, it made me crave a lot of things but it's all about your self control and knowing what is good for you and what isn't.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I gained from birth control when I was younger because I gave in to ridiculous cravings. Sure, it made me crave a lot of things but it's all about your self control and knowing what is good for you and what isn't.

^ Same. I gained more than 20 pounds. But it's all up to you to control your appetite. I had ZERO self control.