Lower carb/high protein pizza crust?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use Joseph's Flax,Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat pita bread. They're about 6" in diameter 60 calories per, 2g fat, 8g carb (4g of that dietary fiber) and 6g of protein. I've found these at my local Walmart in the deli section, usually by the counter instead of the bread aisle. They're kind of thin and will crispen up when baked at 400 degrees for around 8-10 minutes. If you can get ahold of them give them a try.
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done the cauliflower crust and it didn't thrill me. I found this almond flour crust I haven't tried yet.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/863932-almond-meal-pizza-crust or you can google " almond flour pizza crust".

My favorite so far is the meatzza crust using 1 pound of italian sausage browned. Mix in 4ozs of cream cheese until melted and well mixed. Spread and pack in 9x9 casserole dish. Spread with your favorite pizza sauce, your toppings of choice (mine are mushrooms and black olives) and cover with mozzarella cheese. I bake it until the cheese is starting to brown, about 10-15 minutes. If your husband must have the carbs add some garlic bread on the side and tell him it's a pizza casserole. That's what I'[ve done and my family loves it.
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Last friday I made some Pizza-Wraps. they are delicius if you use big-italian wraps called "PIADINA". mine had around 70g carbs with the topping... but it's a really cool and delicius choice if you like pizza!
    And I'm from Italy ;)
  • glitterstreet
    glitterstreet Posts: 144
    Options
    You should try two ingredient pizza base - greek yogurt and some flour, last time I made it it was about 320 calories and it was quite big!