Crazy Cravings/Food Combinations

Options
So yesterday.. For some odd reason.. I was craving Maple syrup. And I ate it on everything. Eggs and toast, Spinach and mushroom pizza, Fried chicken, salad... EVERYTHING!!
Today.. I am still craving maple syrup but am trying to resist the urge (dont want to "ruin" my babybacks)

Anyone else get crazy cravings or have some odd combinations?

P.s. Im NOT pregnant. I have taken two test in the past three days... Will take another in a week but they have all been negative. I have an IUD so I better not get pregnant. >:(

Replies

• UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i wanted mint chocolate chip ice cream with peanut butter before! It was pretty good! I wasn't pregnant either. i think we all get random cravings for weird things, don't worry about it, you're not crazy XD
    <3
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    i wanted mint chocolate chip ice cream with peanut butter before! It was pretty good! I wasn't pregnant either. i think we all get random cravings for weird things, don't worry about it, you're not crazy XD
    <3

Rofl.. Thank goodness for that. I always thought I was :)

ETA: And yummy.
  • allikat93
    Options
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's so crazy about the stuff mentioned so far. I do the same combos :smile:

One of my best salads ever was all the normal stuff, plus bacon,egg, onion omelette, sriracha hot sauce and maple syrup.

and...now I'm hungry.

I have heaps but I always used to get weird looks at work for my cottage cheese, pb and honey mix or my choc/cinnamon proats with fruit.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Chris your salad had me until you mentioned syrup! LOL I always say "don't knock it til you try it" but I don't think I'll ever try maple syrup on salads or pizza like the OP. :)

I don't think any of my food combinations are too crazy but sometimes my friends and family think I'm odd. I like cold sweet potato mixed with cottage cheese or oatmeal mixed with egg whites. I am always mixing things into my oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, (etc) that people think are strange (chia seeds, flax seeds, jello pudding mix, nut butters, protein powders) but around here they seem fairly tame!

I think its all perspective. I don't think quinoa, chia seeds, kelp noodles or kefir are odd at all but I suppose if you haven't heard of them they could be off-putting.
  • allikat93
    Options
    Not really crazy but sounds yummy right now.. Grilled cheese with ketchup and pickle juice for dipping (not mixed together though)
  • jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    Interesting combo! lol :)
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I used to dip pretzels in mayo...sounds weird, but it was really good!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Chris your salad had me until you mentioned syrup! LOL I always say "don't knock it til you try it" but I don't think I'll ever try maple syrup on salads or pizza like the OP. :)

I don't think any of my food combinations are too crazy but sometimes my friends and family think I'm odd. I like cold sweet potato mixed with cottage cheese or oatmeal mixed with egg whites. I am always mixing things into my oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, (etc) that people think are strange (chia seeds, flax seeds, jello pudding mix, nut butters, protein powders) but around here they seem fairly tame!

I think its all perspective. I don't think quinoa, chia seeds, kelp noodles or kefir are odd at all but I suppose if you haven't heard of them they could be off-putting.

mixes sound gooooood.

Trust me, just try it! sweet, spicy and savoury. So good :)