Do you really burn all those calories cleaning?

Options
13»

Replies

• allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I wear my HRM when I do real cleaning, not the day to day stuff. They don't really lie :)

Only problem is, HRMs are inaccurate for that sort of thing, the manufacturers will tell you that too. HRMs become inaccurate if the HR goes below 90.

Hey lucky for me.. If Im up and about (even just walking around my house) my heartrate is between 100-120. I know it isnt good and I am working on lowering that number (although not as of late.. Injuries suck) but for now.. Guess I get to log my cleaning.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I work in the grocery business..and am constantly stocking, standing, jumping, moving,..heck running at times for 8+ hours a day. 4-5 days a week.. I dont do any exercise on those days..just because I am so EXHAUSTED by the end of the day...i dont log anything in MFP..except an occasional..heavy cleaning day if I have been in the cooler..slugging milk and beer around for 5 hours at a time.. I think that most likely burns more calories than my normal activities... I keep my mfp at the second to highest activity level..and sometimes I still feel that I am shorting myself calories so I eat more anyways...