Stop Loosing Weight

Options
So I've lost a lot of weight over the past year and am very close to my goal, however, I do want to be more toned (even after goal weight is reached as I feel flabby in some areas still). I want to build muscle to fill in I guess you could say. But now I'm being told by family to stop loosing weight because I'm getting "wrinkled" and look old. (yah, thanks). All I'm trying to do is get within my healthy BMI area. I have less than 15 lbs to go. But of course now I'm questioning it because I don't want to look bad either Any suggestions out there? Help!

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Just start weight training
    (losing) I'm sorry I can't help it.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    At your age you'll probably be able to tone up and fill in with muscle...and hopefully skin will eventually tighten. My big goal was to meet that "normal" BMI, which I had reached until the doctor figured out I'd shrunk (with age) and now the BMI is lower! That means another 4-5 lbs. And if I lose those I'll probably cross the line to gaunt...so I'm thinking I'm fine where I'm at. So specific numbers don't fit all. Just decide when you feel you look healthy, work on building up the muscle, and decide when you are good with where you're at regardless of the number. Congratulations on your achievement!
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Definitely weight training. I am not as close to goal as you are; still have another 30 to drop (10 to healthy BMI), but weight training is making me look a lot better already. My arms look stronger as do my legs.

Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    With as much as you have lost, you may have lost a little too quickly or have not done enough strength training along the way. You may want to level off for now and really work on strength training. Also, be sure to mosturize. A good one that is less expensive and still works well is St. Ives with collagen elastin. Once you have tightened up and allowed your skin to catch up to your transformation, you could then lose the additional few pounds that you would like to lose. You may find once you work on strength training that you are where you need to be, but go slow to give your body a chance to adjust.
  • dieselnurse
    dieselnurse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raise your calorie intake and start strength training.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    u are doing it wrong! Vital nutrients and correct exercise prevents THAT look:)
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am doing a combo of weight training and cardio - and I eat healthy non processed foods. I don't think I look bad at all, but they are telling me I'm "starting" to Ugh
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    First, tell the family to shut up.
    Second, start lifting weights. Point your browser over to http://www.stumptuous.com/ and start reading.
    The site's creator, Krista Scott-Dixon, KNOWS her stuff.

Good luck!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    and start losing it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    If you lost 119 pounds in a year, you are going to have some skin issues.

You're still far better off than you were 119 pounds heavier.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to comment on the people who say loosing weght instead of losing weight....my bad