Do you link your MFP to Facebook?

Options

Replies

• mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't. People don't need to see an hourly update on every move I make. I share failures and milestone on a FB support group, but it's locked so I'm not spamming all of my friends and family. I occasionally post the results from map my run if I've hit a personal best because I have several friends who run, but even they don't want to look at my runs every day.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    NO.

I will post about my weight loss every 30 days with a progress picture. But I usually leave it at that unless I hit some NSV of some sort.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I didn't actually know you could hook MFP to FB. My FB friends have been really supportive of my weight loss progression and I keep pictures and updates posted there. *shrug*
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    No.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No. It's too private.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    No. I'd rather not discuss it with everyone I have on Facebook, many of whom I'm not very close to at all.
  • mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't. People don't need to see an hourly update on every move I make. I share failures and milestone on a FB support group, but it's locked so I'm not spamming all of my friends and family. I occasionally post the results from map my run if I've hit a personal best because I have several friends who run, but even they don't want to look at my runs every day.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    No way... ppl in my life notice and comment but im not going to parade it on fb with 'I lost 1 kg of fat this week, yay!' ....Thats whatmfp is for, we're all aiming for the same thing and can cheer each other on.

I suppose when I reach 10kg lost I might post a new pic to show my family overseas...but they dont need announcements every step of the way.
  • bearcrusher
    bearcrusher Posts: 90
    Options
    No.

Most people do not want to hear you droning on and on about eating healthy foods, exercising and losing a pound. Eventually, the pictures you post will show off your progress and dedication, and those who are interested will ask you about your methods.

People often mistake lack of interest in the details of their every idea and action as a lack of support. You really don't need every person you've ever met to provide constant attention, encouragement and compliments in order to succeed. You just need a good plan, some discipline and self-motivation to reach your goals.

I don't mention my health and fitness behaviors to anyone unless they specifically ask me how I've accomplished my goals.

Perfect reasoning. I couldn't agree more.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have a facebook fitness page that those that are interested in following my fitness can like and see updates, but other than that, they aren't interested, so why bother?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No. I used to, but it makes me look like I'm bragging about how awesome I am, and my friends get enough of how awesome I am on a daily basis. I don't want them to get a complex.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No way - It's none of their business.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't have Facebook.
  • LyndaLackey
    LyndaLackey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do post it on FB. Things are different since I've starting losing weight using MFP whereas no one really asks me hoe I'm doing with my weight loss. It's not up until last week, after going through a 3 week plateau where my weight didn't update because it didn't change or I had small gains that I finally lost and then a few family members said that they were wondering if I had stopped. I have most family and only close friends on FB and it's been my support network. Although I always post pics of my life ad kids, I don't post progress pics. No one knows my start weight and I haven't had anyone join MFP that I know of because of it. I was scared that posting on FB would backfire and to my surprise, it's been the opposite.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    No, this journey is a personal one for me. I didn't even mention it to my coworkers until they started noticing the weight loss. They have been very encouraging and supportive, telling me how skinny I'm getting even though I'm far from it and asking how much I've lost. It makes you feel good when people notice, especially when you haven't been talking about the fact that you're dieting. Also, many of my Facebook friends are old friends from school I haven't talked to since then and many of them are still fit and thin. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I let myself go. Since beginning this journey, I find myself on here much more than there. It's nice to share my experience and encouragement with others doing the same thing.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    no, but i would like a "like" button on the forums here :blushing:
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    MFP is my homepage and I actually check it more than Facebook these days :)

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ :drinker:
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No. I used to, but it makes me look like I'm bragging about how awesome I am, and my friends get enough of how awesome I am on a daily basis. I don't want them to get a complex.

Haha love this:laugh:
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    As with many others, I only post on FB when I hit milestones - so earlier this week I ran continuously for more than five minutes, which was such a huge achievement for me. Likewise, when I get under 12 stone which I aim to do by the end of this year I maaaay post about it - but that's iffy since one of my best friends is a recovered anorexia sufferer.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No I do not link MFP to facebook. I do have my fitbit linked to facebook. It posts 1 time daily with my steps/miles for the day.

I too would like to have a "like" button. There are many times, when my MFP friends post something, that I dont really have anything to say but would like to acknowledge that I read their post and I am paying attention.