Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are there any safe sweat/sauna suits?

For a short time I have used sauna suits to lose weight a little bit more faster which worked greatly. I know the dangers of dehydration with those suits so I make sure to not go past my limits in exercising with it on. The issue that I have come across with the suits is that there is a warning that they contain products that is known to cause cancer and birth defects in the state on California. I want to lose weight quickly but clearly not at the cost of getting cancer. I am not sure but I am guessing its some toxins within the PVC and/or neoprene material that causes this issues. Does anyone know of any sauna suits that does not have those toxic products known to cause cancer and birth defects in them?

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    This has to be a joke folks!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Unless you are cutting weight to win a contest or to make weight for a weight class sporting event, there is no reason to ever use one of these suits anyway. As soon as you re-hydrate you gain every ounce you lost back, as the loss from the suits, is all water, no fat loss. So do you want to cut weight, or lose fat?
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    safe? perhaps.

effective? no.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

effective? no.

This!
  • Rouchiha
    Rouchiha Posts: 19
    Unless you are cutting weight to win a contest or to make weight for a weight class sporting event, there is no reason to ever use one of these suits anyway. As soon as you re-hydrate you gain every ounce you lost back, as the loss from the suits, is all water, no fat loss. So do you want to cut weight, or lose fat?

I am seeking weight loss, although I have heard many people say that you gain the water back as soon as you re-hydrate, but that does not seem to be the case with me when I got through with a workout and saw that I lost about 3 pounds when I weighed myself a day later I saw that I only gained a pound back and kept the 2 off that's why they seem really effective to me.