Are there any safe sweat/sauna suits?

Options
For a short time I have used sauna suits to lose weight a little bit more faster which worked greatly. I know the dangers of dehydration with those suits so I make sure to not go past my limits in exercising with it on. The issue that I have come across with the suits is that there is a warning that they contain products that is known to cause cancer and birth defects in the state on California. I want to lose weight quickly but clearly not at the cost of getting cancer. I am not sure but I am guessing its some toxins within the PVC and/or neoprene material that causes this issues. Does anyone know of any sauna suits that does not have those toxic products known to cause cancer and birth defects in them?

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This has to be a joke folks!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Unless you are cutting weight to win a contest or to make weight for a weight class sporting event, there is no reason to ever use one of these suits anyway. As soon as you re-hydrate you gain every ounce you lost back, as the loss from the suits, is all water, no fat loss. So do you want to cut weight, or lose fat?
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    safe? perhaps.

effective? no.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

effective? no.

This!
  • Rouchiha
    Rouchiha Posts: 19
    Options
    Unless you are cutting weight to win a contest or to make weight for a weight class sporting event, there is no reason to ever use one of these suits anyway. As soon as you re-hydrate you gain every ounce you lost back, as the loss from the suits, is all water, no fat loss. So do you want to cut weight, or lose fat?

I am seeking weight loss, although I have heard many people say that you gain the water back as soon as you re-hydrate, but that does not seem to be the case with me when I got through with a workout and saw that I lost about 3 pounds when I weighed myself a day later I saw that I only gained a pound back and kept the 2 off that's why they seem really effective to me.