Used treadmill! NOT for sale!

Options
I may not be a marine but I may be one of the few…the proud…the user of a treadmill. I hear so many people say they use their treadmill for hanging clothes. I hear jokes about how people never use their treadmills. Well, I do. It is in my bedroom facing my television. I only watch movies on Netflix or televsion WHILE I am exercising. It may be the lazy way but it is also the ONLY way that I am going to exercise consistently and without dread. If I have 5 minutes at lunch, I take that opportunity to walk on my treadmill or ride my stationary bike. I may not be working the hardest or burning MANY calories but I am burning SOME calories. Some is better than none. Yes, I have a used treadmill and it is NOT for sale

Replies

• aimeekrn
    aimeekrn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lazy? I think NOT!! I run 4 miles on a treadmill and Ive burned 600+ calories. I say be proud, youre doing it!
  • Vickiesings
    Vickiesings Posts: 95
    Options
    Good for you! Running on a treadmill is HARD work!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is very important to me when I can't get outside to get in long walks, which is well over half of the year. I really like using a treadmill and watching TV because it helps pass the time. I still enjoy walking outside, but need my treadmill too
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I am exactly the same way. I LOVE walking outdoors but I NEED my treadmill because time and weather won't always allow walking in nature.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I love using the treadmill! I can train HIIT or intervals or hills, whatever I want. It's a great training tool.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I may not be a marine but I may be one of the few…the proud…the user of a treadmill. I hear so many people say they use their treadmill for hanging clothes. I hear jokes about how people never use their treadmills. Well, I do. It is in my bedroom facing my television. I only watch movies on Netflix or televsion WHILE I am exercising. It may be the lazy way but it is also the ONLY way that I am going to exercise consistently and without dread. If I have 5 minutes at lunch, I take that opportunity to walk on my treadmill or ride my stationary bike. I may not be working the hardest or burning MANY calories but I am burning SOME calories. Some is better than none. Yes, I have a used treadmill and it is NOT for sale

I have a treadmill, I love it. I originally got it because running outdoors used to give me shinsplints whereas running on the treadmill did not.

However, due to getting my running gait analysed and being fitted with the correct shoes and putting special insoles (Sorbothane) in them, I am able to run outdoors now. I still use my treadmill for faster training sessions or if it is snowing, icy or gale force winds, it is one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever bought and God help anybody that hangs washing on it lol.
  • k_stanway
    k_stanway Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my treadmill, its in our conservatory and looks out upon the most amazing hillside views.

It means I can be working out within minutes of my children being in bed, 500kcals burnt, and in the shower within an hour.

I love it, it was a wonderful gift from my Mother-in-Law!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    That is wonderful. You get the best of both worlds! I am about to get on mine. Happy walking in place!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with the treadmill, but I personally try to make the majority of my runs outside. Mainly because running in place bores me (and yes that is what you do on a treadmill basically, just run in place). The muscles used to propel yourself forward aren't used when on the treadmill....and a lot of times shoes + the pure fact that those said muscles are weaker than others is what causes most people to fatique into tight calf muscles and pain.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my treadmill!
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run outside and find I burn more calories when I run outside but I wouldn't give up my treadmill. I can run while my kid is sleeping, while the weather is bad, while my kid plays in the comfort of her own space. It is nice not to always strap her into the stroller and stop evey 5 minutes to fill her demands. That being said, running with the stroller is a great workout too!
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use mine for HIIT after my lifting sessions. I've also outfitted mine as a desk. Walking and typing and browsing right now. I'd be doing it anyways, might as well log a few miles on my feet instead of my rear. I love my treadmill.