help! cheeto cheat!!

Options
I started my healthy makeover on the 18th. Ive stayed away from all junk food Nd nothing but water. But I had about 10 hot cheetoes this morning. I literally feel like crying. How often do u have something totally un healthy?? Btw I had lost 5 lbs since then... I'm scared ill give up and gain it back and loose motivation! I also slowed down on my workouts the last two days. I need a cyber hug ;(

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    RELAX!!!! 10 Cheetos will NOT undo your progress! Please don't jump on the scale either. I fluctuate a few pounds and it's normal. I think it's a problem with a lot of people, they see a fluctuation and freak out and give up.

Take a deep breath and move on. No worries! I've had a little,e not so healthy treats all along and I've passed my goal. You will be fine. ((hugs))
  • MarizMommie
    MarizMommie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just what I needed!
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cheetos!!! :laugh:

Beating yourself up over a little cheat is just going to lean towards sabotaging yourself with, "Oh, what's the use, I'm worthless" kind of self-talk. As long as over the long-term you are eating properly towards your goal, a little cheat now and then isn't going to hurt your progress :smile:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just what I needed!

Awesome!:)
  • nika_bolinhos
    Options
    Hello,
    Don't worry about that.
    I personally find that if I try too hard to only eat healthy thing I end up cheating.
    For me the best way is to distribute my bad eating habits in small portions throughout the week, otherwise I go nuts and give up.
    It's hard to go cold turkey on food like that and I find myself wanting the things I shouldn't have even more if I can't have them at all. My advice would be to leave some space for the occasional treat without going overboard, controlling your indulgences my be more efficient than banishing them all together and finding yourself craving for something you have denied yourself completely and fall of the wagon. In your case, the cheeto, you said you had 10, well, maybe if in every 2 days or so you allow yourself 1 you'll have something to look forward. It wont affect your diet and your self-steem that much when it has been foreseen and added to your daily allowance :)
    I hope this helps.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    10 cheetos is not even 1/3 of a serving, dont worry. If it took away your junk food craving then count this as a success.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Don't allow this to sabotage all your good work! What's done is done- put it behind you and look forward. Good luck!!! xxx
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    RELAX!!!! 10 Cheetos will NOT undo your progress! Please don't jump on the scale either. I fluctuate a few pounds and it's normal. I think it's a problem with a lot of people, they see a fluctuation and freak out and give up.

Take a deep breath and move on. No worries! I've had a little,e not so healthy treats all along and I've passed my goal. You will be fine. ((hugs))

couldnt have said better myself<3
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I had 2 servings of cheetos 2 weekends ago. Plus a lot of beer. Totally blew my calories out of the water. And I still lost 1.8 pounds week over week. And this week, I'm heading towards a 3+ pound loss.

Falling off the wagon for one snack, one meal, one day won't magically undo all your progress. Just get back on track at your next opportunity.

And what I find helps me is to "earn" the snacks calories through exercise before I indulge. Quite often, I eschew the snack as not worth the effort of the burn. Good luck!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've had Burger King fries, McDonald's mcdouble, sonic onion ring.... And still lost 12 pounds this week (my first week),,, I just eat way less of everything. 10 Cheetos is just fine, I might have some today since u mentioned it lol... I still eat what I want just much less. Like 1/2 of n onion ring instead of 20!! U r doing great!!!

Yay!! :bigsmile:

I eat some form of 'junk food' every day. If I didn't, I would completely have a day when I ate everything in sight! You are doing really well, don't worry about it. And please ask yourself if what you are doing is sustainable....everything in moderation means you'll never feel deprived! :wink: