I'm new, wanting to lose about 35 lbs

Options
MJDuley
MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
Hi everyone! I just joined this site. I've been struggling with my weight for years and recently had a baby at 40, so now I'm even more motivated to improve my health and fitness for her sake as well as my own.

I just entered my breakfast in the food diary today and what an eye opener! So far this morning I've had a small apple with 2Tbsp of peanut butter, 2 cups of fat-free milk with 2Tbsp of Ovaltine, and a large mug of hot chocolate made with water and I'm already over my sugar limit by 3g!! I thought I was having a pretty healthy breakfast, but I had no idea just how much sugar I was actually consuming!

Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Replies

• MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's why we all joined...to be accountable by logging in daily and to get support from others in the same boat...Welcome aboard and feel free to add me:smile:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    most people ignore the sugar on here. It's set really low, i have yet to stay under my sugar goal MFP sets and I am still consistently losing. With that said I do try and make an effort to keep my sugar intake as natural as possible so from fruits, veggies etc

keep it up and welcome to MFP
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Btw, fruit has a lot of sugar so if I ever eat fruit it puts me over my sugar limit. I don't even track sugar anymore.
  • tammmys2
    tammmys2 Posts: 1
    Options
    It really is an eyeopener like you say. The more you track your foods down, the more you notice the way you eat, and how much. And when you're stressed or whatnot, you look back on your food diaries and notice that you didn't eat nutrient dense foods but spent it on junk food. Any food tracking site or even your personal notebook of what you eat on a daily basis helps anyone out! I enjoy this site a lot. I tried so many dumb diets before, nothing worked... All I needed to do was eat less, the answer seemed to easy, but it ended up working. I fell off the wagon and gained 12 lbs. So I'm starting again for a couple of days and I'm proud. I can lose weight fast and gain it back fast... Which is a bad and good thing. You'll start learning more about your body and the way you lose weight as well. Goodluck + farewell! (: