female phase training?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
I just heard about this last week....here is a. Link. http://www.metaboliceffect.com/15-facts-about-weight-loss-and-the-menstrual-cyle/

Basically, it states that due to increased estrogen women should do more long duration cardio and strength training in the first half of their cycle because their increased estrogen levels help to build muscle and burn fat. Then during the second half of their cycle they should focus more one HIT and lay off the strength training because progesterin (sp?) Is higher the second half and that impedes weight loss and muscle growth.

It also states that women should eat lower carb the second half of their cycle.

This is only supposed to be true for women with healthy cycles who are not on hormonal birth control or taking hormone replacements.

I am definitely going to research it more, but from my personal experience over the last 6 months I have found that I really do lose more and make more weight lifting gains in the first half of my cycle. I lose 95% of my monthly weight loss in the first half then lose very little (if anything) in the second half.

I am just curious if anyone else has heard of this or has any insight. Thanks!

Replies

• jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have never heard of such a thing... I studied for my personal training certificate.