Losing weight but not inches!

Options
I've been healthy eating and exercising for 3 weeks now, and so far lost 7.4lbs. But I haven't lost an inch off my waist and don't feel that I look any different yet. Feeling a little disheartened, any advice appreciated :( x

Replies

• Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just because you haven't lost anything off your waist it doesn't mean you haven't lost anything anywhere else!
  • Heidi0630
    Heidi0630 Posts: 27
    Options
    I had the opposite thing happen. I lost inches but the weight stayed the same. Someone said to me " you didn't put the weight on in 3 weeks, don't expect to fall off in that amount of time." we'll, since it was put that way to me it made sense.
  • Wizard87
    Wizard87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weight doesn't always disappear from where you want it to disappear first. For example, often a face gets thinner looking first. Then maybe legs. For most, the waist / gut is the last area to really start slimming. You may be one of those people who loses weight elsewhere first.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Ugh thanks for this post. I've almost lost 25 lbs and only 3 inches off my belly UGH but after reading the comments I feel a lot better because I did lose a lot more inches from my thighs, arms... my double chin is gone and I have a very noticable. Collarbone :) I'll take it!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We all lose weight in different areas at different points of our journey. I lost rather quickly in my face, under my chin (yay!) and my stomach. That is because wheat products bloat me and once I stopped eating them ( I still have some on occasion) my stomach went way down. I also feel much better. I have also lost a lot on my hips and am down 2 sizes. However, my thighs are still hanging around and so are my arms. Not good with short and swimsuit season here but I will just keep working at it. Be patient, you will eventually lose inches there too. Oh and by the way, my girls are always the first to go...that's okay though because now I don't always need a cami under shirts at work. ;)
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Inches in the places you want gone are the hardest to lose. Give it time :)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet you've lost inches or fractions of inches off other places on your body. My belly has went from 42 inches to 39 inches over the course of losing 45 pounds, the inches come off the worst places last.

Fit2fat2fit, drew manning gained 70 pounds, packed on fat, mostly on his belly over 6 months, and then lost it all. He didn't regain his chiseled 6 pack until the last week of his yearlong journey.
  • CarleyJx
    CarleyJx Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone. And of course I'll keep going :) x
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    the challenge i have is when i lose inches but NOT losing weight. gradual loss is good, though. proud of you. :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's just been 3 weeks. Be patient.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Keep it up be thankful you lost 7.4 lbs and did not gain 7.4 lbs.
  • bouncybabymama
    bouncybabymama Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything off my waist until I had lost 15 lbs. Since then I've taken off 0.5 - 1 inch for every 10 lbs.