new here and need motivation over 100 lbs to lose

Options
Hello my name is Scarlett. I'm here because it has finally hit me. I'm in a dangerous weight area. At only 5 feet tall i should weigh about 125. instead i weight 234. I figured with diet and exercise i can lose the weight and using my fitness pal i can keep myself on track. I'm hoping that by going on the liquid diet because of health problems now as well as using the jilian michaels fitness dvd's i'll lose a lot more. I just need to stay motivated. please feel free to add me as a friend or message me. i'm not mean and i don't bite. just trying to get myself in shape where i need to be.

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hey, and welcome! MFP is definitely the place to be, I LOVE it. Best addiction you'll ever find. I joined March 27 with a goal of 100lbs to lose, and I'm down 26 so far! All the motivation and support you find on this site is such a wonderful thing.
    I'm going to send you an FR, anyone else can add me too!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am doing jillian dvds too :) started almost a month ago and feel so much stronger, more energy too.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Request sent and Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your health issues are regarding food but I've lost over 100 lbs by eating whole and healthy and working out 3x a week. For me it wasn't a quick fix it took time to lose that weight but the plan I'm on is realistic and works. Plus it gives you allowances for eating unhealthy once in a while and be able to have cookies or cake too.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have about 120 to lose, total. A little advice- Don't come in thinking about having to lose 100 lbs. Chunk your goals into small attainable ones that aren't overwhelming. My first goal is to hit 199 (started in June of last year) and I'm 9 lbs away :)
    You can do this, I know it!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I find it a bit overwhelming at times, so I just take it pound by pound. If I happen to lose more at a weigh in, that's a lovely bonus :)

Welcome to the site - the dress in your avatar is stunning.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request, and welcome!

Wishing you all the best on the incredible life changing journey you're about to undertake, I'm fairly new here and have about 65 lbs to lose, and the support I've received so far has been amazing. MFP is such a wonderful tool :)
  • kburrows82
    kburrows82 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 3 months and have lost 11lbs its not a very quick process and I dont know about a liquid diet being a good idea would be kind of hard to get all the calories that you need I would think. And seems like it might end up being a lot of time in the bathroom..... I personally would recommend trying to just track calories and be more active to start instead of the liquid diet.....
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome , good luck with your goals. I also still have a lot to loose, so you can add me if you like.
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Scarlett, I will friend you - I too have over 100 pounds to lose.. I've been at this a while, but I'm on again off again. Let's lose it together!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck.
  • lisawilliamslocklear
    lisawilliamslocklear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I love this program I started 5 weeks ago and down 14lbs. I log everything that I eat..good or bad and I exercise on the Elyptical!!Eat !regular foods, no liquid diet
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I started at about the same and am about where you want to land (if you adjust for height difference anyway.) If it's motivation you're looking for I've been told I have it in spades :)
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello, Scarlett! Welcome! I am almost exactly the same weight you are - I'm 5'3". I will send you a request - we can do this together!
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey Scarlett!
    I will friend you. You made the right choice with MFP, it will help you understand your habits and kick you into tweaking them and getting new and healthier ones. I started here around a year ago and lost about 40 pounds, still got 40 to go. Looking for support myself. It's hard but we don't have to do it alone.
    By the way,- I assume it is you in your profile picture - you look absolutely beautiful! Love that dress!
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There are some really great and supportive groups out there - challenge or just weight loss goal specific. They can be a fun way to get to know people, find out some tips and tricks or get feedback as well as encouragement.

I'm on a similar journey myself, and have enjoyed getting to know others and hear their stories. It helps me keep on track on off days as well as know that I'm not alone.
  • SheepRI
    SheepRI Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I read your post. I am also on a weight loss journey and MFP has been so easy for me. I started working out on February 16th but did not start MFP until sometime in March. Since starting it I have lost 35 lbs and 22 inches off my body. You do not need a liquid diet to do it. You can stay within your calories and still have great results. I do a GNC shake for breakfast only 170 calories and 25 gms of protein. Then I eat a sensible lunch a salad, or yogurt and some fruit and I snack on Nuts or Belvita breakfast bisquits during the afternoon and then I can eat most anything I want for dinner. This program helps you make good choices and helps you decide do I really want that candy bar= sometimes the answer is yes and many times it is no. Your making the first step. I am the cheerleader for a group of my friends so join us and we all can get to our desired goals. Remember you did not put the weight in overnight to be patient and preserver. Karen