lose the coffee?

Options
I am finding a lot of conflicting information about coffee. some places are saying that the caffeine in coffee is great, while others claim that it increases belly fat.
yes yes, we all know the creamer and stuff we put in the coffee is bad, but what about black coffee?
lose it or keep it?
anyone's thoughts?

Replies

• Karentrobe
    Karentrobe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    keep it :happy:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    No need to ditch it, unless you have a specific medical concern. My coffee intake has not hindered my weight loss at all.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I personally don't drink coffee, but the personal trainer at my gym drinks a *kitten* load of it and she is paper thin.
  • aalhasan
    aalhasan Posts: 104
    Options
    I've read that caffeine boosts your metabolism when taken in moderation as too much of it is bad for you (Can someone clarify why?)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee cup from my cold, dead fingers.

Keep it! I drink it with the "bad" creamer and the "bad" sugar.. but I log it, so I'm not bothered by it
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    There is little benefit to it , but little harm either in moderation... moderation being the key, 2 cups of coffee is ok , 2 cups of starbucks venti is not the same as 2 cups
  • Isagenixbody
    Isagenixbody Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you decide to give it up (I did), and I was a serious latte-a-day person., I switched to Earl Grey tea, stevia and a bit of almond milk. Coffee cravings are gone!
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Keep it, its the milk that's not great for digesting....black coffee ftw! :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyones says - coffee is a must have for me (with milk and splenda every day) :happy:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    so long as were not talking about foo foo 1000 calorie "coffee" drinks... yes, keep it.... if your coffee resembles a milkshake then lets treat it as a coffee flavored milkshake... but, you said black coffee... go for it
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    morning coffee drinker here, with the bad cream and real sugar and yes it's logged. It's one thing I don't/won't give up.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER give up my coffee. I drink it with a little sugar and cream. Work it into my calorie intake for the day. Still losing weight. Unless there is a medical reason to give it up, I don't see why. I did however have to cut back (I was up to more than 2 pots a day... OUCH)
  • tonyanoemy
    tonyanoemy Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you! you guys just made my day. I don't think my day would be as productive without my coffee!
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I drink it black but it's not going anywhere!!!...lol...Between 2-4 cups a day, mostly 2 cups but some days I need the extra shot!...Keep it!!
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    I drink coffee about 5 days a week and I see no need to give it up! Just log the calories if you add anything to it. :)
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee quite often especially since I work night shifts. Fresh ground coffee is very low in calories. I run into the problem of the creamers and sugars. Those are your main problems. Do consider that caffeine in general whether it be from coffee, tea or soda is a diuretic so you should drink lots of water to maintain hydration on workout days. I am trying to get into drinking plain black coffee.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I weaned myself down to black, unsweetened iced coffee and now feel like I can drink as much as I want for like 15 cals, :P
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Keep it! I drink it with the "bad" creamer and the "bad" sugar.. but I log it, so I'm not bothered by it

Ditto!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup a day, with flavored creamer!
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, ditch milk, creamer and sugar. You will notice you can drink only a little bit of dark unsweetened coffee.