what fitness program for beginner? Looking into Sheriff.

Options
I have been going to the gym and i am liking it but i was curious if any beginner programs out there that require just ur body weight like p90x and instanity type programs? I try to get to the gym 5days a week mon/wed/fri i do 15min warm 3.5mph and 10min cooldown + my weight training tue/thur/sat or sun i do cardio 10min warmup 29min circuit that my gym offers and a 10min cooldown. Looking at getting into law enforcement I had a motorcycle accident in february and bad eating habits that stopped me, looking at getting into this full swing to make the cut in november/january.

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good if you can handle the fact that there are no men in the dvd :)
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym. Great app, with customizable workouts.

ETA: He trains military and law enforcement personnel.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good if you can handle the fact that there are no men in the dvd :)
    finally a good reason for me to do 30DS
  • Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    finally a good reason for me to do 30DS

Right though! I agree will have to look this up lol
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to the question. You're going to the gym 5x per week but you want to do bodyweight work at the gym?
  • Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    just looking for some decent fitness program to burn fat faster that I could incorporate with my gym stuff.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I do You Are Your Own Gym, but I'm doing this with 5 days of running a week instead of going to the gym because I don't have time for both. It's great because I can do it at home after my daughter is in bed or in the office on lunch.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    just looking for some decent fitness program to burn fat faster that I could incorporate with my gym stuff.

you'll burn fat faster by making sure your calorie deficit is sufficient, not by over training and burning yourself out.
  • TNM1976
    TNM1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have tried many of the same workouts. It was not until I started Les Mills Combat that it help my attention. I completed a full 60 day challenge with an on line challenge group and have now started another round hybriding it with Les Mills Pump. Both have amazing music, with multiple workouts that range from 30-60 minutes. I am now coaching some of these on line (Facebook) challenge groups. This is a fun way to stay motivated and help others in a smaller group setting. I do currently have openings in two challenge groups. Send me a message if you would like to join our team!