Lots of bananas - RECIPES PLEASE

Accidentally ordered 2 packs of 10 bananas, I will never eat 20 in a week! Any recipes you have for bananas?

P.S. My oven is broke so if you can avoid cakes etc that would be fab!

I have the hob and the grill, food processor, frying pans etc.

Replies

• iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    BUMMMP!
  • LesaDBP
    LesaDBP Posts: 2 Member
    I freeze mine and they stay good for months. I use them in my smoothies or if your oven gets fixed you can use them for baking. They are a great subsittute for oil in baking recepies!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Cut into hunks and freeze. Whenever you feel like ice cream, pull out a handful and throw it in the food processor with some cocoa.
  • Go bananas with bananas! I like to throw them in shakes, oatmeal, top cereal with them or stick them in the freezer for a cool treat. Worst comes to worst, freeze them and use them next week in smoothies. Try this link if for some inspiration.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/08/26/15-healthy-banana-recipes/
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-banana-bread/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-crumb-muffins/detail.aspx

May not be the healthiest things on the planet, but they taste ooooooooh so goooooooood!

ETA: It would have helped if I had actually read the post...I'm sorry. But I'm with everyone else--they taste great frozen! Peel them, cover them in chocolate and nuts, freeze them, and yum!
  • 1)Mash banana in bowl
    2)Add milk
    3)Add oats
    4)Mix
    5)Microwave/cook

enjoy!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Cut into chunks and freeze for an hour then mix with a tablespoon of peanut butter or 50g of greek yogurt. Yum!
  • Momwa6
    Momwa6 Posts: 37 Member
    wow got to tried this one
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    2 bananas
    1/2 cup oats

mix together, scoop onto baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Easiest recipe ever
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    I peel them and chop in bite size pieces. Put in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze. You can then use in place of ice in your smoothies or make banana "ice cream" by putting frozen banana pieces and a little bit of milk or soy milk in a blender until smooth. For ice cream don't add a lot of milk or will be runny like a shake. :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Grilled banana bread?
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    i posted a protein banana bread in the recipe section yesterday :)
  • lilly25ob
    lilly25ob Posts: 1 Member
    mash lrg banana with 2 eggs for 'healthy' pancakes....my kids love them!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    I found a simple banana crepe recipe on here that I really like - mash 1 banana and 2 eggs together (that's all!), makes 1 crepe or 3 mini's :).
    Otherwise, if you can't use them all up sooner than later, they freeze really well! I throw them into smoothies all the time!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    From: http://www.onceuponachef.com/2013/01/banana-pancakes.html

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 small, over-ripe banana, peeled (the browner, the better)
    1 cup plus 2 tablespoons low fat milk
    2 large eggs
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
    2.In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until almost smooth. Whisk in the eggs, then add the milk and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Pour the banana mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture. Fold the batter gently with a rubber spatula until just blended; do not over-mix. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
    3.Set a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Put a pad of butter and one tablespoon vegetable oil onto the griddle, and swirl it around. Drop the batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto the griddle, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart. Cook until a few holes form on top of each pancake and the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is puffed, 1 to 2 minutes more. Using the spatula, transfer the pancakes to a serving plate.
    4.Wipe the griddle clean with paper towels, add more butter and oil, and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the pancakes while still hot with maple syrup, sliced bananas and confectioners' sugar if desired.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Cut into hunks and freeze. Whenever you feel like ice cream, pull out a handful and throw it in the food processor with some cocoa.

This plus soya yogurt folded in and sprinkled with mixed nuts! I had it today its like a rich choc sundae , delish and far less cals and healthier!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    also, if they are still firm enough (green or JUST turning yellow), you could quarter the bananas, then dredge them through an egg/milk bath and graham cracker crumbs/cinnamon sugar. fry them on a non-stick skillet.

make fruit salad...

soak pre-cooked rice in milk or cream (non-dairy should work) with a little sweetener. mash the bananas and mix them in. add cinnamon, raisins, nuts...easy rice pudding.

grill them lightly with pineapple cubes and strawberries for fruit shishkabobs (watered down honey would make a nice glaze for this)