Seriously struggling to commit....

Options
...so I could totally use some friends and support! Anyone interested?

Replies

• peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i'll be as supportive as possible.
  • larlo74
    larlo74 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. My biggest issue is just not feeling motivated right now.
  • overallhealthyliving
    overallhealthyliving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sure, it's always better to get through things with some support. What's your short-term & long-terms goals?
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) i log on everyday and would love to offer some support!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am supportive as possible and hope my friends feel the same way.
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Cartwheel_AC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks new friends!

I had my son 10 months ago and keep saying "I'll start tomorrow". I successfully completed the first cycle of the 17 day diet, then had a cheat day that turned into a cheat month or two :(

Last week was totally whacked because my husband had emergency surgery. This caused a whole uproar in our eating.

My goal is to lose 80 lbs (minimum).

The worst part is I've done this before and I'm back to where I started because of my pregnancy. Prior to that I had kept the weight off for 3 years.

I just keep thinking about how far I have to go and it's so.....disheartening.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm add-able. :)
  • overallhealthyliving
    overallhealthyliving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope that hubby is having a smooth recovery from the surgery & that this situation opens up the door for motivation in you & anyone's life that you have an impact on...it's more people than you may think of at this moment.

Well, you've stated that you have been down this road and kept the weight off for 3 years, CONGRATS on your past success!!! This means that you cannot just do this again, but that you can this even better. What were your strongest areas back then & what were your obstacles? I believe that you can do it & that's because you have already set a goal & are working on establishing a support team. A team that has a mission of becoming successful at their goals, while motivating you in your journey.

Mamas are the backbone of the family, so we must be strong all around, even when we don't feel like it or get that much needed support. So, let's go Mama Andrea & get started today & don't wait for tomorrow... today is that "Monday" when fitness & health goals are "supposed" to start. You deserve to live a healthier life :D
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I hope you are able to commit and make the changes you want, but you will absolutely need to commit on your own. Outside support and motivation are nice haves, but the commitment has to come from you. Good luck!
  • kt1986p
    kt1986p Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had my 'baby ' 18 months ago and been on and off diets since, lost 14 pounds so far but most of that was straight after birth, I'm now back on my strict regime , whenever I have a 'cheat day' it lasts for weeks/months!!! Got another 30/35 lbs to lose but gonna get exercising more this time around !!! Any one able to support offer motivation really grateful and will offer back