best low calorie hot chocolate sorta drink (uk/ireland) ?

Options
ronanoo
ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
I like to sit down and browse the net or read while drinking hot chocolate, anyone know of good low calorie alternative that doesnt taste like muck

Replies

• siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Any of the Options ones are nice, as are the skinny cow range. There are loads of 35-40 cal options now, you can buy a sachet of each to try cheaply.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Contact this company on their Facebook page and see if they have a supplier near you - http://www.avalanchecoffee.co.nz/TheMenuSugarFree/tabid/102/Default.aspx

Their sugar free hot chocolate is sweetened with stevia. It is great with milk and I drink it with hot water only on fasting days.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like to sit down and browse the net or read while drinking hot chocolate, anyone know of good low calorie alternative that doesnt taste like muck

ON 100% casein (chocolate supreme) makes a lovely hot chocolate substitute - it's probably not far off actual hot choc on calories but it gets the protein in :)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    the protein works mint choc brownie protein shake with hot milk.
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1 tea spoon cocoa.
    2 tea spoon sugar/or sugar substitute
    1 cup milk of choice or until mug is full

microwave until hot/or bring milk to boil on stove add cocoa, sugar

I like homemade hot chocolate so much better than store brands so thought I would share.

enjoy!
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Dark Cocoa powder in hot water with a hint of agave and a splash of hazelnut milk or almond milk...way tastier and not unhealthy ;)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i mix cocoa with options every night its so rich and yummy
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Options, they have really been helping me out with niggling chocolate cravings.

Btw, i dont normaly have chocolate cravings, but after doing a workout.. fruit isnt cutting it. So i always make sure i have more than enough calories left over to have either ice-cream (cart dor) with my fruit and a hot chocolate for bed.

I do NOT like the brownie one... mank!

Options mint, orange, belgian.
    38calories when made with water :)
  • mrsjobba2
    mrsjobba2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny cow one!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    No, and I've tried a lot of them. A cup of normal hot chocolate (home made, not some starbucks extravaganza) isn't really that many calories, and if it's a pleasurable part of your day, I'd say it's worth fitting it into your daily goals.
  • chikoboo
    chikoboo Posts: 18
    Options
    Options mint mmmmm I so miss these, all you get here in NZ is manky weight watchers hot chocolate and I am sorry but that is not chocolate =D
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Options, they have really been helping me out with niggling chocolate cravings.

Btw, i dont normaly have chocolate cravings, but after doing a workout.. fruit isnt cutting it. So i always make sure i have more than enough calories left over to have either ice-cream (cart dor) with my fruit and a hot chocolate for bed.

I do NOT like the brownie one... mank!

Options mint, orange, belgian.
    38calories when made with water :)

options drinks are amazing! I have banana, mint, butterscotch and my favourite - turkish delight!
  • Maija1985
    Maija1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Options coconut is my favourite, but it has disapeared from my local Tesco, so got orange one- will try it tomorrow. Saw also Cadburys low calorie one-havent tried it yet. Tought there was hazelnut flavour, but they didnt seem to stock that one either :frown:
  • amusedhorse
    amusedhorse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Cadbury Highlights Fudge flavour. 40 calories per sachet I believe? In Asda they are basically always 4 for a pound :)

And I agree with many people here, Options are good - apart from their white hot chocolate which was the worst drink ever. Their Belgian chocolate one is great!