Chicken Wings

Options
My family and I are BBQ tonight and I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was on chicken wings. If they are just plain and grilled are they really all that bad for you?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    They're fine. Enjoy your BBQ.:happy:
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    My family and I are BBQ tonight and I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was on chicken wings. If they are just plain and grilled are they really all that bad for you?

anything is bad in excess. chicken wings are not going to kill you. even if you go a little over your calories its fine. just make up for it the next day or you can fit them into your daily calories by eating less at the start of the day
  • atink17
    atink17 Posts: 5
    Options
    Depends on the amount of fat and grease on them. Remember anything can be bad or good for you, it is the quantity that determines that. So, I would suggest grilling veggie and fruit kabobs with them so everyone doesn't fill up on the chicken. Enjoy some 100% fruit juice or lemon water with it instead of a sugary drink. Grilled lettuce wedges and portabelas with himalayan salt are also good for you
  • drosen32
    drosen32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also, I've found that rubs are better than sauces, as sauces have sugar, which can add calories. I imagine that rubs have some sugar as well, in addition to salt, but if you make your own you can control that. I suggest going onto the food database so you can see various wing data and then figure out how many and of what type to have. Enjoy. The veggie idea is a good one as well.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Grilling them has got to be so much better for you than frying them. That alone is saving you calories! Enjoy them in moderation and you're all good!
  • taylorxpaige
    taylorxpaige Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good idea about the fruits and veggies. Thanks everyone!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    They're meh. In fact, my friends want to go out to for korean fried chicken wings tonight.

I don't mind eating something higher in calories, but it's gotta be something I absolutely love. Chicken wings do not do it for me at all.

I'm going to opt for sushi instead, as the restaurant does have that as well...
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I hate op. Guess what food I just picked up?