Bad abdominal pain after intense cardio session?

Cat_Lifts
Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
This last Friday (5/23) I had decided to skip gym and workout at home with 50 minutes of Advanced Taebo. Lots of high knees, front kicks, punching, and core work - the standard TaeBo! A few hours after working out I started to feel really sick to my stomach, had some diarrhea (sorry!), and my abdomen, or what felt like all my organs, started aching. Feeling nauseous, I decided to call it a night and hit the hay. I figured I may have worked out a little too hard, too much too soon type of deal.

Next day, I wake up and as soon as I got out of bed I felt like I had been hit by a car, but only in my abdominal region. When I walked around the house to get ready for work, it was a constant, dull ache that I can best describe as to what your organs may feel like when they're slowly rotting inside you, or as if someone has stuck their hands inside of you and slowly is squeezing your intestines, liver, stomach, spleen, etc. Sounds gross, yeah? The pain was so uncomfortable I could feel it radiating to my back. That's how I felt, and unfortunately still feel it today, 4 days later, minus the radiating back pain. :frown:

I only make this post as I'm curious as if such soreness, if it's even that, can last that long. I typically would get DOMS that would last about 2 days max, but not 4. This doesn't feel like the soreness with muscles that I'm used to. I feel a slight sharpness when I walk and the front of my abdomen (from diaphragm to a few inches below belly button) is tender. A majority of the time my abdomen will ache, whereas in a typical muscle soreness, you know you definitely worked that bicep/tricep/shoulder when engaging in say, lifting a box or pushing something heavy.

Now don't laugh, but is it possible to bruise your insides from constantly jarring your knees up and down towards your chubby belly, twisting full range with punches, etc.? Or did my abdominal muscles just get the rocking of their life and I'm still paying for it? :embarassed: If it continues for another day or 2 I'm going to give my doc a call (haven't been able to due to memorial day weekend, been wanting to also wait it out and see if it's just an overload of muscle usage).

P.S. I don't believe it to be any type of gastrointestinal problem, only had the visit with Mr. D that evening of working out. I have had a lack of appetite which I initially believed could be a coincidental stomach bug, but I feel that's more primarily from the consistent pain and just not wanting to consume food (or do anything, really). :grumble:

Replies

• Cat_Lifts
    oh god I made this post way, way bigger than I intended...

TLDR; I feel like I'm dying and I'm not sure if it's from overused muscles or if I've bruised all my organs (wtf, right?) :huh:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    My guess.
    Is that you worked really hard.. or just worked muscles you haven't before/in a long time.. and you are sore the next day from the workout.
    Pulled muscle.
    Gas?
  • Cat_Lifts
    My guess.
    Is that you worked really hard.. or just worked muscles you haven't before/in a long time.. and you are sore the next day from the workout.
    Pulled muscle.
    Gas?

I'm hoping I just worked some muscles that haven't been touched in ages, or at least worked them more than I normally have. I thought gas at first too, especially from the occasional sharp feeling. :embarassed:
  • fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Sounds like you over did it! Its possible that you pulled multiple muscles! In the future make sure you just do the 1 hour session max!

Ps love you profile pic!
  • Cat_Lifts
    Sounds like you over did it! Its possible that you pulled multiple muscles! In the future make sure you just do the 1 hour session max!

Ps love you profile pic!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping it's just an overdo. The pain feels so much deeper than ab muscles though. It experience no pain when I tighten my abdominal muscles, but if it's something as simple as walking for a while the dull ache deep inside starts. Today things feel a little better, but still a lingering, bruised feeling inside.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Wow, I want this pain :laugh: .. hope you feel better.. sounds like DOMS though.