New Attitude, New Results?

Options
I suppose I am the typical career woman. Get to work early, stay late, eat heavy meals at the end of the day because, who has time for a real breakfast or lunch? I'm ready to make ME a priority now. Weight loss will not be the 'end' of my journey, but the first step to being healthier in the big picture. If anyone else is ready to make their own health a priority and wants a support buddy, I'm open! WE CAN DO IT! (Totally stole that line, but it's true!)

Replies

• Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post it describes me so well! Career, working Mom, hungry in the evening when I finally have time to relax and realize I have not eaten much during the day. I have recently been trying to change some habits though and have had alot of success. Such as following through with a small afternoon meal at work so I don't get home starving, upping my protein intake in the morning, and joining challenges to keep me motivated to exercise. Best of luck. I'll send you a FR request!
  • rhondajoco
    rhondajoco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is soooo me also. I am just fine all day long because it's easy to forget about food while you are busy working. But by the end of the day, I am starving and have a hungry family waiting at home who will not be satisfied with anything other than "real food" (hearty midwestern style).
    I agree that reaching goal is not the end of our journey, only the beginning of the lives we've been wanting to live.
    I would love to be part of your support system!
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too! Working Mom with similar stories. About a year ago I decided to move my workouts to the AM before work. Best choice ever, I have never worked out so consistently as I have been this past year.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    welcome. good luck!
  • yankeewoman28
    yankeewoman28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Now, how do I accept friend requests? :tongue:
  • yankeewoman28
    Options
    I figured out the friend request! Obviously we're in the same (weighted down) boat! In fact, our stories are almost identical! I'm so glad we can be a support for each other. Let's see how we can encourage each other, ok?
  • yankeewoman28
    Options
    I will be doing my workouts in the morning as soon as school is out. I would have to work out at 4:00 now to have time to exercise, cool down, clean up and make it to work for 7:00!
  • yankeewoman28
    Options
    But I think you're right! Mornings would be ideal!