I'm back, and THIS time, I won't mess up.

Options
Hello, everyone. This isn't my first time on here. I had an account that sort of went abandoned, which ended up with me forgetting the password, so I could only log on on my phone... Bit useless, that, so I decided to start over.

My name's Sally, I'm 22 and I currently weigh 187 lbs, which at 5'1 is not good. Over the entirety of 2012, I started to cut back on the food I was eating, and started walking a lot more. By November, I had gotten all the way down to 168 lbs from 196 lbs. I looked much better, my belly didn't hang, and my size 16 jeans were starting to get a tiny bit loose.

December, everything messed up. I have IgA deficiency, which makes it really easy to catch chest infections, colds, the flu, etc. I got three separate chest infections over the course of two months, and then at the end of January this year, I was diagnosed with gallbladder disease and pancriatitis. Unlike most people with gallbladder disease, I didn't get pain from eating, but from moving around a lot, and a lot of bloating and dizziness. So... I just ate and didn't exercise.

I got my gallbladder removed on the 8th, so... just under three weeks ago, and I'm feeling back to normal. I was actually feeling better than I had in years, until I got a stupid cold at the end of last week, but I've decided... I NEED to get back to working on myself. I have a few months of joblessness ahead of me after college finishing, so even though I'll be looking for a job, I will have a LOT of free time on my hands. Perfect for long walks.

Anyway... tl;dr - I hope I can do better this time. :P

Replies

• candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your illness. You have done it before so you can do it again! Even if you don't feel like exercising one day, you should atleast log on here because as you know, there are a lot of encouraging people on here. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!
  • mthomas428400
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I joined the site in 2011 and I never used it. After joining the YMCA a month ago, I was encouraged to start using the site again. So here I am! I applaud you for trying to get healthy and not allowing your illness get in the way. Today is day 1 for me and I must say that I'm excited. I've read several posts and I can relate to many of them. I pray that I remain encouraged and as enthusiastic in one month as I am today.

:happy:
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck!!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I joined to track my calories when I couldn't exercise. I know what it is like to try to lose weight while battling health issues. These challenges are sent to make us strong. You have taken the first step and I pray you will be successful. FR welcome - especially anyone with health issues (especially unseen issues).

[edit] - I should say welcome BACK ! This is my third time !