Way under my calorie goal... should I eat something?

Options
xLoveLexi
xLoveLexi Posts: 29 Member
My calorie goal is 1,250 and I've eaten 960 calories worth of food so far. But I've also burned 426 calories. So I have 716 calories remaining! Is it okay to just leave it there, or should I eat more? I don't really feel all that hungry, and I don't want to eat out of boredom. I don't know what to do x.x

Replies

• angiesoper3
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Goal of 1280, ate 522, burned 469 so I have a net of 53. Not even remotely hungry. Drinking LOADS of water. I am concerned about starvation mode.....
  • FrankieB127
    FrankieB127 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy snack! Do you have any veggies and hummus, an apple and a TBS of peanut butter? I'd say eat some of your workout calories back, but make sure it's healthy food-- don't eat 2 Cups of ice cream just because you can!
  • xLoveLexi
    Options
    @angie Exactly! I don't want to starve myself but I just don't feel hungry. I'm just worried I could be hurting my body and cause myself to lose weight too fast.
  • xLoveLexi
    Options
    Have a healthy snack! Do you have any veggies and hummus, an apple and a TBS of peanut butter? I'd say eat some of your workout calories back, but make sure it's healthy food-- don't eat 2 Cups of ice cream just because you can!

I had a frozen fruit bar earlier, just because I could but I figured that wasn't bad compared to ice cream xD. Okay, I guess I could use the extra fruits and veggies anyway, thanks for the advice!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I really try to eat at least my minimum calories every day - plus at least 1/2 of my exercise. It is really hard in the summer time because the heat /humidty in Texas just makes me nauseated. I do better if I eat something like an avocado or some walnuts/almonds. ( I am on maintenance now but find it harder than dieting to lose weight. ) Sometimes i eat PB2, greek yogurt and a square of chocolate.

Keep trying to eat for health purposes.. i have a few mantras... to be incredible, eat incredibly well!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Eat at least your 1250. I second the Apple with peanut butter. Your body needs the fuel even if you don't think it does.
  • likethe309
    likethe309 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have the same problem. With exercise and all that, my net calories are way under. But I'm just not hungry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not being hungry is not indicative that your body does not need more food.
    Anorexics often are not hungry either, because the the body adjusts to having less and that is not a good thing if you are consistently undereating. It is not hard to get calories up in a healthy manner. Just a banana and peanut butter can add 200. Same for an avocado, a handful of nuts, some cheese.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes, EAT!!! No brainer!