Brand New and 70 Lbs to Lose

Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself on the boards, and say hello. I have 70+ pounds to lose, and I'm in for a hell of a fight. I know that having support when dealing with a situation like this is one of the most important things, so I plan on being active on these boards :) I chose this site, because the community looked like it was extremely friendly and I saw a lot of encouragement in the weight many of you have lost.

Wish me luck, and luck be with you :)

Mike.

Replies

• marcwest66
    marcwest66 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good luck, Mike! My goal is 50.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I have been using mfp since last Sept but am pretty new to the forums. I just want to say, you can lose all that weight, healthily and happily and I wanted to wish you all the best!

From a fellow geek! :laugh:
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    I like your D20! Welcome, and good luck!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mike!! I have about 50lbs to lose. This is a great site. Feel free to add me.
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose!! You chose the right place!!! The support on here is amazing!! Feel free to add me!!!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,

You have come to the right place to find friends , encouragement , motivation etc. MFP is a great tool to help you lose your weight and get healthy. Dont be discouraged by the amount you want to lose....dont even look at it as such a big chunk....you can lose 1 lb 74 times. lol

I have lost 83 lbs so far and i dont think i would have gotten as far as i did without the support and encouragment i get here and being accountable with the logging.

Sounds like your husband makes it to the gym consistently so , follow along and have him teach you so you can get on your way in that area. Make healthy food choices and believe me with determination you will succeed!!!

Good luck!
  • Lilbearslim
    Lilbearslim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike!

Welcome! I also have a goal of 70 pounds. I use the app daily and love it :) Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Hi mike I have over 80lbs to lose, but feel very motivated! Feel free to add me and anyone else who wants to add me can! The more support the better I hope
  • NixxiNak
    NixxiNak Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Mike,

Welcome to MFP; this is an awesome site for encouragement and support. I have another 44lbs to lose myself. This site has helped me a lot so far, and i'm sure you'll do great on here too. :) Feel free to add me.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Take it one day at a time
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I have been here for nearly 2-years with some success; I think your goal is very realistic and achievable and I wish you much success. Feel free to add me if you want. :smile:

8488541.png