2 legal "cheats" that aren't really cheats.

Options
Sometimes we want a snack or a bigger portion.

Sometimes it would increase our calorie intake a bit higher.

Doing so would make us feel guilty.

Here are a couple ways to be able to have those bigger portions without having to blame yourself.

1) Tomorrows credit.

Let's say you cooked 600 grams of chicken for today and to reheat tomorrow. You ate 300 grams as planned. In the evening you want to nibble on a piece of chicken like hell. Go and do it. Just make sure you still count tomorrows food as 300 grams too. No guilty feelings.

2) Bigger piece.

Let's say you baked oatmeal flapjacks for the next week from 1 kg oatmeal and divided the slab into 20 pieces. Make the pieces uneven. Make bigger ones and make smaller ones. When you want to feast, you take the big one but still call it 50 grams. When you are not as hungry you take a smaller one and still call it 50 grams. You will still eat 20 pieces of 50 grams each AND you were able to enjoy yourself that day when you were on a rampage. No guilty feelings.

These 2 things work wonders for me, hope they might help someone else too if they feel guilty about eating.

Replies

• enigmachik
    enigmachik Posts: 150
    Options
    I also do this. As long as the weekly total is still a calorie deficit, you'll still lose :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was spot on target all week until Saturday. Saturday night we went out for a nice dinner. I went over my calories for the day by 500 (something like that). At first glance, that looked horrible to me. But then I realized that really, it was the same as if I'd gone over by less than 100 each day of the week. Going over by less than 100 each day isn't really a big deal at all!