Protein Shakes!

Options
I've recently decided to start taking a scoop of protein with soy milk and NSA Nesquik powder after I work out. Should I drink it after a heavy cardio, no strength work out as well?? I.E. I ran a couple miles today, but didn't lift.

So.......To protein or not to protein?

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I've always wondered this after my runs, too.
  • javierp
    javierp Posts: 7
    Options
    I think you should get your protein from lean meats like chicken breast and white fish specially since you are trying to lose the last 10 pounds.

If you do want to use protein from powder make sure is coming from isolated proteins, they have less fat and almost no carbs. Also, do not mix it with other than water. You would want to take the cleanest protein as possible.

Another reason you should get your protein from food sources is because you should stay away from dairy when trying to lose the last 10 pounds and whey protein comes from milk.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've always done it when I burn a lot of calories, whether it's cardio or strength training. Insanity is mostly cardio and I would have died without my protein shake after. I say go for it. Also, I used to love my protein powder with the strawberry nesquick. Yum.