Wanting to lose 30 pounds in 3 months

Options
*I will try and give as much info. as I think is necessary :smile: :

I've lost weight before but I was going through tough times. Just the sight of food made me sick and I lost 20 pounds in 1 months getting down to 195 from my heaviest of 215(age:17). So obviously I can't do that as a workout. Sadly, I've gained those 15-20lbs back in just a year :cry: . I've been stable at my present weight since last year.

I'm on summer break from college and I'm taking this as a time to get in shape! I am 19(will be 20 in less than a month), I'm 5'3 and weigh 207-210ish. My overall weigh loss goal for life is to get down to 150. But just for the summer I want to lose 30 pounds (summer goal weight:170-180). I'm going to the gym tomorrow to get a membership and start my journey possibly with my sister and her boyfriend.

I have a total of 86 days before my Junior year begins, and I want to turn over a new leaf for myself. I will be mainly using the treadmill, bike, and possibly some weights. Does anyone know of a good/great workout plan and also foods to eat or not to eat.

I'll go to the gym 4-5 times a week, workout for up to 2 hours. Will do more if necessary!
- I'll need to lose 2.5 pounds a week to reach my goal...
- I mainly carry my weight in my abdomen and thigh area, but of course I have excess fat on my arms, face/neck, and chest...

Replies

• PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    absolutely. you can do it. ive lost 27+ since mid feb. and havent even gone to the gym yet. just be consistent...
  • candiria616
    candiria616 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 3 months ago and lost 34 lbs to this point, it can be done. I workout 7 days/week (it's easy for me because I don't live near family/friends and have nothing to do) for 30 minutes/day. I alternate between cardio (Tues,Thurs,Sat,Sun) and some kind of strength training/tabata/plyometrics (MWF). It doesn't seem like a lot of time in the gym but it works if you make it strenuous and keep on moving and adhere to your calorie goals on MFP. Every time I drop a few pounds I update my goals so the calories drop a bit so I don't plateau. Good luck!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    That's pretty aggressive, but doable. Just watch your intake and don't go too low. Balance.......that's the key. Good luck!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Also remember -- even if you miss and only lose 20-25, that is still a great achievement and you will look and feel so much better for your junior year. So don't quit if it's not going fast enough! :)
  • Cassie06
    Cassie06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried any workouts like P90X or Insanity? I am doing TurboFire and I LOVE IT! Feel free to message me if you want more info. It's AWESOME!