too much sugar!!!

Options
Is it me or is anyone else going over their sugar intake? It doesn't take much for me to go over. However, the two brownies I ate today took me way over...but I was over even BEFORE eating the brownies. It's just so easy to go over, even if I'm under in calories, fat, carbs, and sodium. My food diary is open to the public so feel free to take a look. I'm open to suggestions. First off, I know I have to quit the coffee creamer, it may be fat free, but it has quite a bit of sugar. And the fruit.....oh how I LOVE fruit, but that's raising the sugar too. UGHHH
It's no wonder the scale won't budge!!!!!!!

Replies

• Angiepackmom4
    Options
    metizzy2,
    I agree with you...it's so hard not to go over the sugar intake. I think I must be addicted to sugar lol. I have found that getting snacks that are sugar-free help with that sweet tooth and have less calories than the desserts with sugar in them. Sugar free foods taste so much better than they used to. I'm going to try harder tomorrow on not going over my calorie limit If you want, you can add me to your friends list. Correct me if I'm wrong because I am new to this website but I don't think the food diary is open to the public unless you accept someone as a friend.
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Look out for Dr Oetker's Brownie mixes, it has minimal sugar, and tastes great!!! :)
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If I go over on my sugar and see that I had 3 servings of fruit I don't get bent out of shape. The two brownies (although presumably delectable) are things that I would worry about. MFP is awesome but counts sugar in fruit like sugar in cakes/cookies/etc. I think some sugars, like those in fruits, are good for you but should still be eaten in moderation. Moral of my story: if you're eating lots of fruits (and not going over board) don't worry about your sugar values.
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I know!
    I go over my sugar almost everyday and I very, very rarely ever eat cookies and I never drink soda. It mostly comes from the fruit I eat :/

Best of luck!
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    its the corn frutose thats in everything its not healthy or naturally found in foods.... everything except natural fruit and veggies has it in it.. read labels
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks Angie, I'm fairly new too so I didn't know you had to be a friend to view my diary. I'll add you. Thanks!
  • metizzy2
    Options
    Kay..where would I find that brownie mix? I've never seen that brand before.
  • metizzy2
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate all your input!!!! I'm also glad I'm not alone. :ohwell:
  • KarieLee
    KarieLee Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello fellow fitness pal members! I'm fairly new, but this is the first time I've chatted. I. HAVE. A. SWEET. TOOTH. When I was prego with my little girl (now 2) my craving was cookies and anything with avocados... unfortunately it didn't go away after I had her! I HATE that immediately after almost every meal I have a strong craving for something sweet. SOMEBODY HELP ME! I've got to crack down and get these extra baby pounds off!