Scale recommendations?

Options
I'm in the market for a digital scale, and I was wondering if you fine people have any recommendations for one. I've been using a crappy old analog scale for years, and it's kind of a fine art to get it to weigh properly.

Replies

• missmaggie369
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Any good suggestions?
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to stay up with this thread too. I think my scale is drunk 99% of the time.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know how good it is in comparison to other scales but I have a Weight Watchers scale I bought at Target and I like it pretty well.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Literally just got the Taylor bodyfat scale. After a bunch of online calcs told me I'm 36% bodyfat i got curious. Hit the interwebs, did a little research, read some reviews, got the scale, and it says 31%. Followed up with some calipers a friend let me borrow, got 32%, which allows me to have faith in my scale.

Tl;dr hit the web read reviews, see what people like.
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    Well, I don't know how good it is in comparison to other scales but I have a Weight Watchers scale I bought at Target and I like it pretty well.

I really love my Weight Watchers scale too!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a Salter scale for weighing myself and one for weighing my food. Had only heard great things and with a 15 year money back guarantee I figured it was worth it! Love them both! :smile:
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have this EatSmart scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808

It's simple (doesn't measure body fat), cheap and seems to be accurate.
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Consumer reports just rated scales;

#1 Tanita HS-302 $60
    #2 Escali B180R $30
    #3 Escali B180S $30
    (Escali's are same thing, round and square)
    #4 Tanita HD-357 $65
    #5 Weight Watchers WW39 $30
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    OMRON - Karada Scan (Full Body Sensor) Body Composition Monitor & Scale . It measures your weight, BMI, Body Fat, Visceral Fat and Skeletal Muscle...and it is brilliant! The result will never be super accurate compared to full body scan at a Medical Centre but it does give you a good idea of the state of your body.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have this EatSmart scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808

It's simple (doesn't measure body fat), cheap and seems to be accurate.

I have this same scale and it gives me the same weight every time. I weigh three times in a row and it is always the same! :happy: I have had issues in the past with scales that would give me various weights and I never knew which one I was.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    withings. its wifi, so you can keep it on the other side of the house, but it still connects to the internet to chart it down. plus, mfp links to it, so you never have to plug in the numbers yourself. it also gives you a breakdown of fat lbs vs lean muscle.

highly recommended.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for a digital scale, and I was wondering if you fine people have any recommendations for one. I've been using a crappy old analog scale for years, and it's kind of a fine art to get it to weigh properly.

I bought one from Amazon and really love it because it is accurate and matches other scales I have been on at the doctors office or weight watchers meetings.

Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I bought a Weight Watchers WW10YBA. It's a biometric scale that supports upto 4 seperate profiles (ie 4 people stats can be stored seperately) also has just a generic scale mode so anyone can jump on without need of using the profiles

It takes your basic stats (Age, Height, Weight and Goal weight) then measures your overall weight, water %, Body Mass, Body Fat %, Bone Mass and i think i missed one but don't have it here with me.

Then over the life you can keep track of your progress same as logging on here.

it was only around $60 AUS

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/weightwatchers-weight-tracking-body-composition-monitor-scale.html
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    my friend gave me a digital scale when she moved...I don't know what brand it is, but it always works and it is right on target with the one at the dr.'s office....I love it because it gives me an exact weight...get something you can afford!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Tahita Ironman--body weight, percent of body fat, muscle, water, and caloric needs--love it!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Another one who loves their EatSmart scale, I've had it for almost a year with no issues.

Also got mine on Amazon.

It even came with a tape measure, so on my weigh in days I can weigh and measure with EatSmart.
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369701525&sr=8-1&keywords=body+scale

Looks like it's on sale right now.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Years ago I found a scale like you use at the Doctor's office and a garage sale. It is accurate with the same type scale at the Doctor's office and the gym. Best scale I have ever had,
  • Afra84
    Afra84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just bought a weight watchers scale and found ratings for different scales under the link below. I hope this helps.
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/health-products/bathroom-scale-reviews/best-bathroom-scales#slide-23
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    same here- we had a biggest loser challenge at work and we bought a weight watchers scale and one of my co-workers has one and loves it (maybe not the numbers so much as she's working towards losing, but the functionality is there!)
  • OriginalRedfishMan
    Options
    The Taylor body fat scale available at Target for around $40 is great. It has received favorable reviews and found to be the most accurate as another poster already noted. I have had this scale for about 5 months and I really like it.