30 day shred jumping lunges...

Options
Anyone that has done/is doing the shred how are you finding these?

I'm into day 3 of level 4 and experiencing pretty bad knee pain in my left knee, i have a feeling this may have caused it has i didn't actually attempt the jumping part til yesterday, now i have to allow a day off for recovery.....just wondering what other people make of these?

Is it that im doing these wrong and i've damaged my knee or is it just the exercise is a little more strenous?

Replies

• cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    What dvd have you got? im sure theres only 3 levels....?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Soreness in the muscle is one thing, pain in a joint? I'd substitute or not jump
    while doing them. Just my opinion. :)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry mean't to say day 3 of level 3 it is the 30 day shred, going to rest it and do extra stretching on wednesday, seems to be more joint than muscle pain so need to be careful.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I tried one and immediately went to the alternating lunges (the modified movement). These just seem like too jarring of a movement while in a position where you can't spread the impact out. I tend to use all of the modified movements for the hard impact type moves. I'm not sure if I'm just too uncoordinated, but I just seem to land too hard when I try them. Not to mention I almost fell over when I landed. lol
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I experienced knee pain until I got new shoes. Supportive soles make a world of difference. I ended up taking a couple of days of to recover, then went back to doing it with no trouble.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this! I don't have pain, but they're just plan awful to do! And I lose my balance! Lol! There's no shame in doing he modified version of this move!
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    If your knees are sore, don't let Jillian pressure you into doing anything that causes you pain.

Remember, she's just a picture on the TV screen, and she can't really see what you're doing!
  • iyabean
    iyabean Posts: 30
    Options
    Try doing the modified, alternating lunges for a while, and transition to jumping lunges when the alternating lunges become too easy. When I first started 30DS, jumping lunges were just CRAZY for me! I was doing the modified version for quite a while, then increased to half jumping, half modified, until I eventually did all jumping lunges. For what it's worth, I did 30DS barefoot. Nowadays I do jumping lunges no problem as part of my daily workout routine. I suggest you just ease into it.
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had difficulty doing them, no pain, just very unbalanced so I worried over injury.. I did beginner version for four full days, went half advanced half beginner the next four and my last two days was finally able to go the workout jumping. You have to work yourself up or you WILL hurt yourself.
    Good luck!