Weekend Binge

Options
Anyone else have a weekend binge? I had family in town and drank and ate way too much. Back on track today but hoping it doesn't set me back too much!

Replies

• MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I had way too much to eat and drink this weekend!
  • mbmom413
    mbmom413 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! That is why I am just starting/getting back to MFP. My adult children told me about this site!! I am going on vacation in July and my son is getting married in November... so I have some motivation!!! The weekends and sometimes evenings mess me up. I have 10-15 pounds to lose and get back into shape.

I can do it again, but I have to cut out all the CRAP food and alcohol on weekends!! Here we go....off to a new start tomorrow!! Have my lunch packed, dinner started and my alarm set for exercise in the am. :)

Good luck!!! We can get back on track after the holiday binge weekend!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself.

It helps me to keep track of my goals on a weekly basis. That way if I eat a lot one day I never feel bad about it as I know I can make up for it on other days during the week!
  • brownacb
    brownacb Posts: 8
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself.

It helps me to keep track of my goals on a weekly basis. That way if I eat a lot one day I never feel bad about it as I know I can make up for it on other days during the week!

I think I lose it most weekends!

How do you make up for it on other days during the week? Just eat less those days?
  • Annamal0326
    Annamal0326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes! Today was TERRIBLE, especially when I gave in to my weakness of movie theater popcorn and the huge *kitten* soda that goes with it. Keep reminding myself that tomorrow is another day and to let bygones be bygones. Hopefully the scale won't be too vengeful in the morning.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It is all about the calories you consume over a 7 day total. If you are shooting for a loss of 1 pound per week, that is 3500 less over a week or 500 less each day. If you blew it this weekend, cut back over the next few days. It will all even out. If you are really diligent, log all those extra calories you ate this weekend on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You will be a little hungry, but a bigger deficit for 3 days wont mess you up and things will be just fine. Also, drink lots of water!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    on top of my regular cal consumption which is about 13 ish I had 5 small pieces of cake 4 macaroons 2 cookies a rum and diet coke, tim hortons bran muffin,. My next weekend that may be similar is during our penny auction for search and rescue on june 8th oh and this past weekend was 2 days of training for search so I blame sar lol .
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    aw same thing happened to me. :( I was with family, and just ended up getting way too drunk and eating the worst foods. I had pizza, chocolate, chips, cereal.. and so much more unhealthy stuff. Despite how discouraging it was, it's a new week and I'm getting back on track!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    aw same thing happened to me. :( I was with family, and just ended up getting way too drunk and eating the worst foods. I had pizza, chocolate, chips, cereal.. and so much more unhealthy stuff. Despite how discouraging it was, it's a new week and I'm getting back on track!

But I bet ya had fun right?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I was a bit off but I'd hardly call it a binge. Then again, it was a holiday.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i had a cancer crawl saturday and drank for the first time in 3 months...was a mess sunday, but got back on the grind sunday and today i worked out a bunch...didn't seem to affect my weight at all fortunately
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I binged yesterday a little and didn't log it. I'm sure I'll survive:)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My binge actually happened Thurs. to Sat. I was covering an event at Disney World and staying at a hotel over there, so that's where I ate my meals. I got back on track starting Sunday and thankfully didn't do too much damage. It was fun to have a little indulgence, and I at least kept the portion sizes down.
  • misskate1987
    Options

But I bet ya had fun right?

This was more or less my weekend too. And it was worth every moment - besides, as some else said, it evens out over the week.
  • sisanda
    sisanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another week, meaning I should just focusing on getting back on track
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Not really but I did eat more than usual. I'm spending the weekend with my sister and nephew. For me, I tend to be good all week and so when I have an off day or two, I don't feel too bad about it and plus I get right back on track the very next day. I also had some long runs planned for the weekend and so I went a little over on carbs to have energy for my runs. It worked out okay actually because I got on the scale this morning and saw that I lost a pound.
  • barbalari
    barbalari Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, did I?!!!!! Went spinning in the morning, cleaned the whole house and had 1800 calories left for the dinner party and drinks. Almost everything on the menu (cooked by me) was by the Hairy Dieters and I took it easy on the non-healthy food. I did, however, drink what I wanted (red wine IS good for you right?!!) and I didn't think I did too bad really. It was a total shock to wake up the next day with THE WORST HANGOVER OF MY LIFE and having gained 1.5 lbs!!!! It's ok thought I, I'll be really good the next day and onward and the weight will drop off. Oh no! Today I've gained again and am up by 2.5 lbs!!! Did I grossly underestimate my intake or is my body in shock as I don't normally drink much at all? Feeling totally gutted. :sad:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It all balances out in a week~ Don't get hung up on a day or too. .Life happens, move on and it's All Good! No punish or guilt feelings over eating food;-) Look at big picture not small frames of it:wink:
  • GooooHeather
    Options
    I binge every Friday - a treat day for me that sometimes runs into Saturday. I don't mind so much because the rest of the week is pretty tight and full of nutrient. AND.... it feels good to be badddd sometimes. I think that the scale will still be kind to you if you talk to it nicely. :smile:
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes, I binged. I think after breaking up with my boyfriend of 4 years, a binge is acceptable. Back on track tomorrow. And another incentive to get slimmer.