protein/carbs/fat ratios

Options
What do you recommend as %of carbs/proteins/fat in my diet. I'm trying to keep it at about 1200-1500 calories -- how much of each should I have? THANK YOU...

Replies

• h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-magical-macronutrient-ratio-for-fat-loss.html

I'm Endomorph body type using 40p/40f/20c and its working very well
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i learned in my nutrition class you should have 65% carbs, 15% protein, 20% fats. Dr. Oz says you need 75g protein...
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 40% protein and 30% for carbs and fat. The above posts where you can read up on your macronutrients are very helpful though and you can decide what will work best for you. I increased my protein requirement from the level mfp set for me, as eating more protein keeps me fuller for longer. If you are strength training you will need more protein too!

I, personally, would avoid anything Dr Oz says though. That man sounds like the biggest quack going to me!! :noway:
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I keep my ratios to 30/30/40 carb/protein/fat; it seems to be working for me. I read an article a couple months ago about these ratios online. I don't always meet the numbers, though.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    40 Carb/30 Protein/30 Fat, but I usually end up at 45/25/30 by the end of the week.
  • OriginalRedfishMan
    Options
    Everyone is different. After I hit a plateau at 35 lbs, I reduced carbs with a good result. My nutritionist suggested a ratio for me as follows:
    30c/30p/40f (with lots of good fat). She also said I need good fat at every meal , veggies at every meal, and complex carbs.

The fat is higher because I am working to increase the amount of fat my body burns. But this is for me. Everyone is different.