Help me stick with this!!!!

Options
I just had a baby about 100 days ago, and have a wedding coming up in 100 days....I want to get back in shape for myself and peace of mind,,,as well as for my big day coming up. I struggle with a busy schedule and with a preschooler and a new born to make a healthy lifestyle work- in my head, it seems easy, but as the week trudges on, and my energy goes down, i find it hard to avoid fast food and easy to skip work outs. I need some help keeping accountable and being honest to myself...i am someone who is easily discouraged when I do not have instantaneous results- i am the girl that will do situps 3 days in a row and run to the mirror hoping for 6 pack abs. Anyone who can give tough love is appreciated!

Replies

• singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on the new little one!!!!
    Losing weight isnt easy, it was really hard for me when i started. I ate fast food 2 of my 3 meals everyday. I rarely worked out. I found excuses as to why I wouldnt work out. It was hard, but I made a slow lifestyle change. Cutting out pop, then fries, then fast food, then processed food and uped my workout from walking down my 7 acre drive once, to jogging it, a year later I could run 30 minutes non stop!! Its a hard change but I started with little things and soon it added up to big changes! I hope this helps. Feel free to add me and good luck with your goals! Just stick with it and you can totally do it!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello! You are in the right place and have started on the right foot by realizing you can go forward and become a new, BETTER you. :flowerforyou: I am in the same boat. I am currently 177.5 with a goal of 135 to start and I can't seem to get back on track. I have been yo-yo'ing since November when I weighed-in at 169.5. I'm a wife, mom of two, and full-time teacher. Our plates are full sistah!! I know!! This isn't easy. I'm hoping that PERSEVERANCE gets me to the finish line......eventually. :wink: Good luck! You CAN do this!!
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    Omg... I'm just like you....I laughed about doing the situps n running to the mirror. Feel the same way about instantaneous results. Mfp has made s big difference for me. I don't feel like I'm on s diet ...and I don't give up after two days of estimate g over my calories. It has made me so much more consistent. U can add me as weill...Maria
  • angiinkc
    angiinkc Posts: 24
    Options
    Just remember that every minute of the day counts. If you are doing dishes, throw in some marching, for example. Do some exercising while showering, folding towels, wherever you can get it in. Take some extra laps at the grocery store. Make sure to track all of your calories. That can be a big eye opener as well. Good luck. Be realistic. Set some daily and weekly goals. It is also a great time of year to get the stroller out for a walk. You got this!!
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    We can help each other! I'm further down the mothering road, my baby is 7 years old and I weigh more now than I did when fully pregnant with her. Don't let this happen to you! The regrets and missed opportunities are piling up.

With two pound Tuesdays - we can stay motivated and get this done so we can focus on what's really important.

Your energy will increase as the weight comes off - everyday will get a little easier, as long as you stick with it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby! :) feel free to add me :)
  • leatrez
    leatrez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just re started about 3 days ago and I have been working out for the past 3 days. Today I did run to the mirror. I thought I only did that. As you can see I also need help with sticking with this. Congratulations on your new baby.
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but I look at my biceps- haha! Feel free to add me for some extra support!