Carbohydrate loading...

Options
Okay.. so I haven't had this in a while (and for a good reason too).. I'm gong to have some KD for carbohydrate loading..

I will be off to the gym tomorrow morning :) Do you think Kraft Dinner is good for carbohydrate loading?

I am at 4.4 pounds lost so far.

42765820.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to do carb loading?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to do carb loading?

Yes, I'm curious as well
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You only really need to carb load for exercise that last longer than 90mins in duration. Also if you are carb loading it takes several days to load up usually accompanied with a tapering off of exercise. If you are carb-loading I would suggest much healthier sources of carbs; whole grains, sweet potato, beans, oats. Kraft dinner is just processed crap

Eat a balanced meal of healthy carbs, protein and fat 2-3 hours before your session and you should be okay
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you should probably look up the nutrition info here and see if it has carbs in it. If so, good for carb loading.
  • Karlynn1993
    Karlynn1993 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yepp.... I do about 2 hours or more a day of exercises :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    A "carb load" is typically for those people who are doing endurance type events or for those that have been low carb dieting. If you are doing 2hrs of exercise (what type?) everyday then that will just be your habitual carb intake.
  • Karlynn1993
    Karlynn1993 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do...

20 minutes of running
    20 minutes of weights
    30 minutes of cycling
    10 minutes of rowing
    30 minutes on an elliptical

and whatever else of cleaning the apartment...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I doubt you need a carboload for that activity as there are small breaks in between. You should have plenty of energy stores from your daily eating habits to survive that. When you're talking a couple hours of sustained activity such as a marathon, processed crap like mac and cheese would never fly - stick to simple breads, pastas, and low fiber starches. If this is a regular workout for you, perhaps you should up your calories rather than do erratic carboloading.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need to carb load for that honestly. Even running from half marathons to marathons, I didn't 'carb load' for the halfs, just made sure my overall diet was healthy and included appropriate carbs, not just junk to fill the void. I did bring fuel as well. For my marathon, and what's recommended, is that you have a serving or two of carbs at lunch the day before so it can be processed before the run....but a marathon is usually a few hours of intense work.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Carb load for that? No. If you're doing that everyday for some crazy reason just set your macros accordingly to a higher carb count and eat.