help tonight

Options
i want an ice cream drumstick so bad and its only day 1, this is already so hard! help! tell me why i shouldnt have it, especially this late at night, and i'm done with calories for the day!

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You will feel bad about it later....
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Frozen yogurt...I had some tonite...it was awesome...add a few nuts and a small squirt of chocolate...
  • KarieLee
    KarieLee Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth! I've noticed that the longer I go without sweets the weaker my cravings get. go distract yourself with a game or something. The craving won't be as bad tomorrow if you don't give in! :smile:
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    The only thing that will help you is if you realize that by not eating your ice cream you'll be one ice cream closer to your goal. Don't focus on right now, but tomorrow morning and how good you'll feel knowing you don't have to work that drumstick off!

Tomorrow: Throw those things away! There are yummie yummie alternatives: skinny cow products, sugar free pudding, fudgesicles to name a few. If you must have one, and you find keeping within your caloric limits difficult then plan your treat into your day! :-)
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    This helps me. Just think what do you want more to lose the weight or the ice cream? Which one is more important? Oh lol heres another thing I put the tv on mtv or vh1 which ever has music videos and the little women on there make me not want it lol. Im werid thou. :happy:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Kate Moss once said 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'

That might be taking it a bit far, but I like the basic point.
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I saw that you completed your diary and you're under calories. I take an apple, core it and put some splenda and cinnamon on it then nuke it and I have a tasty treat. I have a big sweet tooth, but I try and feed it with healthy things. As someone else said, there are a lot of frozen treats that won't ruin your new healthy eating. I also make sure I drink a lot of water before I have my treat so I feel full. You can do this. We've all been there and you just have to find your own way to be satisfied without feeling denied. Taking care of yourself means not eating that ice cream that's bad for you. Hang in there!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sorbet is always a good alternative. A serving has between 100-130 calories -- depending on the flavor.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Get some Skinny Cow cones as a treat for when you are under your calories!
  • ekh2081
    ekh2081 Posts: 3
    Options
    think about how you will feel afterwards if you eat it...

and throw out the package!
  • krisakira
    Options
    thanks for the great suggestions everyone. cant throw it away cause the others in the house want them! I filled my tummy up with something to drink instead :) Victory #1! Off to bed!